Light

Rain normally means sadness or death or just unfortunate things to come. You may think of all the misery in your life and go along with it.

(~'’'~)

The walk wasn’t very gloomy even as Schlatt carried Diane with her being in a blanket as a burrito.

“You think she can hear us?” Schlatt asked as he tilted his head at the smol life form in his arms. Almost like she was sleeping peacefully but hey, it’s Diane. Like that’s gonna happen.

Quackity slowed down and started walking beside him, looking at the slight hole where you could see her face.

“I mean, auditory senses are the last thing to go so possibly.” He shrugged as Phil was the navigator now.

Techno trying every once in a while to take the page, claiming he was the ‘human compass.’

Tubbo giggled at his remark but slightly felt something wrong. Especially when Tommy seemed zoned out when he normally talks to Tubbo about anything and everything. ‘Survived apocalypse, not clickbait.’ Some of the moments he and Diane shared during the month of his sprained ankle. Thinking of what he would tweet out when he came back from Florida? That kind of stuff.

But now he seemed deep in thought, like he was troubled.

“Tommy, is something…?” When Tommy realized that Tubbo wanted an answer for something, his eyebrows quickly went up but went down to being furrowed.

“Sorry, I just… that night at the house. Last night, Diane was complaining about blankets and shit but asked me, well told me, to pair up with her. Like you and Ranboo.”

Tubbo nodded.

“And well, I didn’t but I… can’t help but ponder if I had agreed. Would she be awake right now? Perhaps we wouldn’t have to rely on the two men fighting over the map.” Tommy gestured to Techno who was now making sure Phil didn’t take back the paper.

Tommy scoffed as Tubbo tilted his head, slightly thinking of what to say but he already had a vague idea of what he’d say.

“If you agreed then yeah, maybe she’d be awake now but then she could’ve passed out right now. In the snow. Maybe we wouldn’t have the directions and we’d have to wait for her to wake up. A lot of things are weird right now but I don’t think we should second-guess ourselves in this crisis." Tubbo spoke as Tommy was slightly surprised. 

Turns out you don't have to be old to be wise.

"Thanks Tubs. Hey, you think the hospital has power?" Tommy asked as Tubbo scoffed.

"Oh I swear if it doesn't." Tubbo said as Tommy laughed at his tone. 

Timeskip brought to you by a smol zombie blanket burrito.

They had been listening and using the page but of course it was a bit slow without somebody who knew the path in complete certainty.

It was when it started raining that stuff started to go uphill.

It was sprinkling water for a while as they walked on the pavement. But then the rain started getting stronger as even a few bits of hail rained down.

The gang was under a restaurant awning, just chilling as the snow was getting melted by the water. The street is almost getting flooded by all the water. 

Quackity was a little bit pissed and not just because Sapnap and Karl were trading and sharing food… ok that would have contributed to his anger as he looked through the rain.