We Want Him

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say a quick thank you for 700+ reads! As always, I hope you're enjoying reading this!

In this one shot Peter lives in an orphanage. His parents are both dead (as always) as well as Uncle Ben, and Aunt May kicked him out, and died soon afterwards. He isn't Spider-Man, but has the webfluid and got his enhanced abilities. He does go around every night stopping criminals, but he uses it as an outlet for his anger, not because he wants to protect the city. There is PepperxTony in this and they are married, but that's it. Hope you enjoy!

" Hey Pepper?" Tony called towards her. She turned to him.

" Yeah?" She asked, somewhat confused.

" I've been thinking, and I wanted to put this out there, um, I kind of was thinking about wanting to adopt a kid," Tony told her. She blinked at him. 

" I like that idea! We could head to the local orphanage tomorrow?" She suggested. Tony nodded. 

" So, what were you thinking? I mean, age and gender wise?" Pepper asked. Tony thought for a moment. 

" Well, what were you thinking? I kind of wanted to aim for a teenager, since they don't really get adopted," Tony said. Pepper thought for a moment.

" Yeah, me too. I was thinking we could adopt a boy?" Pepper suggested. Tony nodded.

" Well then it's set. We'll head down there about noon tomorrow?" Pepper told him. Tony again just nodded. He was excited at the thought of having his own kid. 

---Terry says hi---

Noon the next day came quickly. Tony and Pepper got into the car and drove down to the orphanage. Tony was practically bouncing in his seat with excitement. Pepper was excited too, but wasn't showing it nearly as obviously as Tony. He looked like a little kid at Christmas. 

They arrived and walked into the lobby. The head of the orphanage greeted them.

" Hello! How can I help you today?" She asked kindly. Tony and Pepper looked at each other and then at the woman.

" We were looking to adopt today," Pepper said. She knew instantly that she had to be the one to talk. Tony was too excited to be professional. 

" Excellent! What are you looking for?" She asked pleasantly.

" We wanted to adopt a male teenager," Pepper explained. The woman looked slightly taken aback, but shook it off quickly. She wasn't used to people wanting to adopt the teenagers she had.

" Okay! I'll go and get them," she said, turning to leave.

" Actually, we were wondering if we could just kind of go around and get a feel for each one? Instead of having them all lined up and us just interrogating them?" Pepper asked. The woman smiled.

" Of course! Right this way then," she guided Pepper and Tony into what seemed to be a rec room where a lot of children were at play. Towards the back, some older kids were talking, looking kind of sad and mellow. Tony and Pepper walked in, watching the kids play, but making their way to the teenagers. 

They approached the group and greeted them. They asked a few simple questions and got a feel for each one. They were all nice enough, but there was no one that either Pepper or Tony really felt a connection too. The two looked around to see if there were any others, but there weren't. Except for one. 

There was a figure sitting on the window sill, tinkering with some wires and other parts. He had a few instruments at hand, but definitely didn't have what he needed for what he was trying to do.