The Hall Of Broken Memories

Hi everyone! So I don't know when this is going to be posted, it's just something I wanted to write and be able to put a lot of love into. This is not going to be set in the Marvel universe or have anything to do with it, it's just a one shot type idea I had that I wanted to write, so I figured I'd put it here. Hope you like it!

Left here by a mother, scorned and ridiculed by a brother, and abandoned by his lover, a broken boy, barely sixteen years of age, sat bleeding and bruised on the doorstep to the Hall of Broken Memories. Is it a public place? No. No it is not. It is a place not many know of, and even fewer can access. 

This boy, this poor, helpless soul, rose shakily to his feet. He sniffled, for he had cried at the abandonment. He had cried for his sense of confidence, sense of who he was, he had cried for its loss. He shook the dust and blood out of his raven hair, and stared sadly at the strips of colour that used to be so vibrant, that were now so dull, matching the look any would see in his eyes. He tugged uselessly at his fraying and burnt shirt, and at the strings on his torn jeans. With a shaky breath, the boy pulled on his beanie and looked up at the bold entrance to the hall. 

The doors were an ominous, dark onyx, with silver patterns and traces enlaid into it. There were dark, cylindrical pillars shooting up to the overhang of the roof. The walls were a sinister, dark crimson colour, so horrible that the boy nearly thought it had been painted with the blood of those who had come here before him. The boy shuddered with disgust. 

Hopefully, the boy looked around at his surroundings, and the small, slight hope he'd felt was soon killed, blown out, by the realization that there was absolutely nothing else around him. All he could see was the entrance to the hall. He could not even see signs of the ghostly appearances of his mother, his lover, and his brother that had left him here. He winced at the memory, bringing a bloodied and pale hand to his bruised cheek where his ex had slapped him as he'd left. 

Curiously, yet hesitantly, the boy carefully approached the door. He made out runes, markings, spelling out a bone chilling, blood curdling message.

The Hall of Broken Memories is not for the faint of heart, nor for those who still hold out hope, love, and dreams. If you still go to sleep hoping for a better tomorrow, this place is not for you. If you still hold out love for those around you and for humanity, turn back now. You will be crushed the instant you step inside. If you still go to sleep, and you wake up with a dream on your tongue, go. Leave. Your soul would not survive. But if you are abandoned here, if you have lost hope for those around you and for yourself, you are ready to enter. If you do not have dreams for tomorrow, hoping for a better day, if you do not dream of what you could still become... welcome. For there is nothing in here that could hurt you more than you have already been scarred. 

The boy read the message over and over again, trying to be sure that he understood it. He had been abandoned here. He no longer dreamed of what he could be, what could become of him. The love he had had for his lover, the love he had had for his mother, and the care he had had for his brother was gone, replaced by... nothing. It was just a void. He didn't dream of tomorrow. 

With a sigh, the boy held out his bloodied hand in all it's pale and bruised glory. He brushed his fingers along the golden and crimson handle and opened the door. The boy, Hayden was his name. The poor, helpless, hopeless soul entered the Hall of Broken Memories. 

Inside, it was indeed a hall, marching on forever. Cylindrical pillars lined either side of the wide hall, parallel to each other, with a perfect ten foot distance between each one. The pillars were a pale quartz, with a hint of an arctic blue splattered across each pillar. Thin gold patterns and swirls were enlaid into it. Before the eyes of the curious and abandoned boy, the hall shifted to become his. His Hall of Broken Memories. His broken memories. The boy shuddered.