Please Don't Snap

Hi everyone! So this was requested by @IrisKnights17 in like, May, so I'm really sorry that its taken me so long to finally get around to it. This might not end up following your request exactly, but I hope you like it! Enjoy! and again i am so so sorry -_-

---

They were fucked. Thanos had the Time Stone, and was about to go back to Earth to wreak havoc. But Peter had to do something. He'd already tried to fight Thanos and pull away the gauntlet, and that hadn't worked. But maybe he could talk to the titan? It was worth a shot. Worst case scenario Peter doesn't come back. 

Thanos was about to teleport back to Earth. Peter rose to his feet and started walking towards Thanos, climbing carefully over the debris. He could hear Tony calling for him to come back, and the Guardians voicing their concerns, and calling to him. Peter let their voices fade into the background. He kept his eyes on Thanos, who had stopped the process of opening a portal and was now eyeing Peter. 

" Why do you approach me?" Thanos asked. Peter stopped when he was only two feet away from Thanos, and he looked up. 

" I think I can help you see and realize the impact your actions will have if you snap," Peter answered honestly. Thanos sighed heavily, and looked down to Peter.

" You are merely one of many who have claimed to be able to do such a thing. Your words will have no affect on me," Thanos boomed. Peter bowed his head in acknowledgement. 

" I understand. But allow me to try," Peter asked. Thanos cocked his head to the side, interested. 

" You would continue to try even if failure is inevitable?" Thanos questioned. Peter nodded.

" You don't learn from being successful. But by pushing and continuing to try, even if there's little to no hope of success, you can become ever the more wise. My hope is that I can at least show you what your actions would look like to us," Peter said. Thanos nodded along. 

The titan reached down a hand, taking Peter's head in his fingers. Peter's eyes widened, but he didn't allow himself to panic. But no damage was done. Thanos only crumbled his mask, exposing his mass of curly hair and his dirtied face. Peter could make out a small bit of surprise on Thanos's face.

" You are but a child! And you already seem to be wiser than Stark, or Strange. Why is that?" Thanos asked, shocked. Peter let out a small bit of laughter. But it wasn't cheerful, or happy. It sounded... sad. 

" I've struggled for so long, ever since I could remember. What life has put me through has opened my eyes to see through different lenses, and has given me the opportunity to know how different things may look to different people," Peter explained. Thanos's expression softened.

" Come with me. I will give you your opportunity. And at the end we will see if I will continue with my plans," Thanos said. He held out a hand for Peter to take. Well, Thanos's hand ended up completely enveloping Peter's, as well as some of his wrist. The titan gently guided Peter to a portal, taking the two of them to a forest in Wakanda.

" What the fuck just happened?" Tony demanded. Quill shrugged. 

" I don't know man, he's your kid, you should know," he said. Tony spluttered. 

" He's not my kid!" Tony cried indignantly. Mantis looked genuinely surprised. 

" Are you sure?" She asked curiously. Tony face-palmed. 

---

The portal opened up and dumped the pair into a forest. The two sat on a fallen tree. Thanos interrupted the suffocating silence.