The Kell (pt 2 of They Lied To Us)

Hey guys! Here's part two! Also, this is the one hundredth part of this book! Thank you so much for all your support! Enjoy!

---

" STOP!" Commanded the Spider-God, ordering the Water Kell to back down, to halt it's movements. The Kell waited for orders. 

---

It had been weeks, and now the time was up. When Peter was talking with the Arachons, the Arachons said that the Earth had a maximum of four weeks before the Water Kell was born. So Peter had spent those weeks preparing. There was nothing they could do to save the Humans. The Arachons that were here didn't have enough technology to take on any extra people, except for Peter, honestly.

Peter trained, and trained, and trained. He took in technologies, and exposed himself to various different spiders to try and gain more powers so that he'd be able to do something at least. But something unexpected happened.

On the last day they had before Earth was destroyed, the pendant Peter wore around his neck began glowing. At first it was soft, and it slowly  grew brighter and brighter until it completely enveloped Peter. The Arachons watched in fascination, wondering what was happening to their brethren. They considered Peter one of them since at this point he was more spider than human. 

Once the glowing died down, Peter felt so much more powerful. Almost god-like. He'd grown two more pincers out of his back, and he could feel more strength coursing through him. He didn't know what else it had done, but they were probably going to find out, and soon. 

Come, Spider-God. The Kell awakens. Peter heaved a sigh. 

What is it?

I feel helpless. Humanity hasn't regained the technology necessary to flee again. Humanity will be erased, wiped out. Peter said solemnly. The Arachon looked Peter dead in the eyes. 

You are correct. But there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. But we can do something to save other civilizations. 

You're right. Let's go. Peter steeled himself, and boarded the ship the Arachons had taken to get to Earth. Their plan was to over in orbit, and wait for the Kell to make it's appearance.

---

We have two minutes before the Kell is born Peter heard over the intercoms. The Arachon near him grimaced. Peter didn't take that as a good sign. 

Will we make it? Peter asked him. The Arachon shrugged. 

We do not know. Peter remained silent after that. 

Two minutes later, and the Earth's crust dissolved into water. A huge, watery monster rose out of the remains and roared. Well, Peter thought it roared. Sound doesn't travel through space. The Kell took notice of their vessel that was hovering around Jupiter. They hadn't been able to make it very far, evidently. The Kell narrowed it's eyes. With a single strike, the Kell cleaved the vessel in half. It was then that Peter realized how thankful he was that Arachons had evolved to help them survive in conditions such as the void of space. But then he was worried about himself. And started panicking. How was he going to live?! Breathe?! 

---

Peter opened his eyes hesitantly and was faced with the same setting he was in before. Except he was out in the void of space. And he wasn't dead. One of the Arachons began laughing in delight and relief. 

Of course! He shouted. 

The Spider-God lives! He cheered. Peter looked down at his glowing limbs. His glowing limbs. There was a bright golden light surrounding him, and the Water Kell was staring at him warily. But it soon ignored him, and began devouring the other planets. Peter panicked. What was he supposed to do?!

You are a god now. The pendant from Arachon to Human gave you the power to stop something exactly like this. You are the only one with that power. Use it An Arachon whispered in Peter's ear. And somehow, he knew what to do. He screamed into the Water Kell's mind. 

" STOP!" Peter screamed. The Kell roared again and pressed it's claws against it's ears to try and become deaf to Peter's voice. But his voice was in it's head. Peter continued speaking to the Kell, but it wasn't in a language he recognized. 

Your Spider-God commands it  Peter snarled. The Kell suddenly froze, standing straight up, unmoving. With a start, Peter realized he was awaiting orders. 

What does the Spider-God command? The Kell asked eventually. Peter balked, but shook himself out. He needed to save the shock and awe for later. 

Halt your feeding upon innocent homeworld. Only devour the desolate and abandoned planets. We need not to lose another species. Peter commanded. The Kell nodded, and began feeding once more, but being mindful of what planets it devoured.

Peter returned to the Arachons side, and together the group escaped the system. Peter sank to the ground in shock. 

So apparently I can command Kells? Peter asked faintly. One of the Arachons nodded. 

Apparently He said, equally faint. 

---

With his homeworld now destroyed to a Kell, Peter made a decision. He was going to travel between planets, and warn them about Kells, and teach them how to look out for one being made inside their planet. 

Peter became known solely as the Spider-God. And he was the savior of many planets and systems who didn't even know about Kells. 

So, even though his world was gone, Peter saved thousands of others. 

Hey guys! Sorry that was kind of a shitty ending, I didn't really know how to end it. Hope you enjoyed, though! Feel free to leave a comment or a question, but no pressure!

Stay bootiful my doods!

-Ghostie & Terry