My R (not sad I promise)

Hi guys! So this one shot is an idea from @IrisKnights17 that they commented on my last one shot, so thank you! Also I'd like to say a quick thank you for 8.5K reads! 

This is really just going to be a one shot that has a song in it, not really a songfic because Peter isn't going to be relating to the song. He's just vibing, as he should. There will be kind of hints at or mentions of suicide, just because of what song it is, so if that makes you uncomfortable, please don't read, I don't want you guys to feel uncomfortable. With that said, les gooooooo

It was Friday night, and Peter was feeling bored. He noticed the sunset out the window, so he decided to go to the roof to enjoy it. He climbed the metal stairs of the tower, which unfortunately stopped when you reached the highest level. So he had to take the emergency stairs up to the roof. Peter made a mental note to talk to Tony about that. 

Peter reached the roof and sat on the edge, swinging his legs like a little kid. The sunset was truly beautiful from up here, and Peter grinned. After a while though, Peter got bored. So he pulled out his phone to listen to music. He didn't bother with headphones, since he figured no one else would hear. He started his playlist, and one of his favorites came on first. 

It was 'My R.' Peter knew that it was about a girl commiting suicide, but it was such a vibe that he couldn't resist. The song started, and Peter sang along, just relaxing and enjoying the sunset and his music. 

---Avenger's P.O.V---

The team was relaxing around the common floor and in the kitchen. There was nothing really to do, so they were doing their own thing. It was nice, the team being relaxed for once. Shuri appreciated it too. She was there at the tower for the weekend, since she hadn't seen Peter in forever. But soon, Tony realized that Peter wasn't with them. Literally everyone but him was on the floor. 

" Hey, where's Peter?" Tony asked. No one knew, so they just shrugged. But F.R.I.D.A.Y answered. 

" Peter is on the roof, boss," she said. Tony instantly sat up. 

" Why the hell is he on the roof?" He asked, panicked. By now, he'd caught the attention of everyone else. They decided to go to the roof and make sure he hadn't fallen off, being the clumsy child he was. Shuri wasn't all that concerned. Peter always had his web shooters with him, so he would be fine even if he did fall.

Stealthily, the team made their way to the roof. But they stopped when they heard singing, and music playing. It was Peter, for sure, but it was concerning when they heard the lyrics. 

But in the moment I just screamed

Something that I did not believe

" Hey, don't do it, please" 

The team collectively paled. They knew exactly what it meant. But despite their better judgement, they stayed, listening. Peter was oblivious to their presence. Shuri shrugged it off, enjoying the team's antics.

Peter kept singing, and the Avengers grew more and more concerned. But it sounded like the song was ending, which was good? Maybe? They weren't sure. Natasha, though she would never admit it, was the most concerned. 

Taking off my yellow cardigan

Watching my braids all come undone

This petite girl short as can be

Is gonna jump now and be free

The Avengers collectively inhaled sharply. Natasha pushed her way through everyone else and went out onto the roof. The team was behind her, but Shuri still wasn't concerned. Peter talked to her about everything, she'd know if he was dealing with something. She also happened to know that this was just one of his favorite songs. Peter turned around to face them, grinning. 

" Hey guys, what's up? Came out here to enjoy the sunset too?" Peter asked conversationally. 

" Peter are you okay? Are you dealing with anything?" Natasha asked kindly. Peter looked at her, confused. 

" No? What makes you think I am?" He asked, more confused than he was. Now Natasha was confused. 

" You were sitting on a roof's edge and singing a song about suicide with no one else around you. Why wouldn't we be concerned?" She deadpanned. Peter made an expression of understanding, then started laughing. 

" Don't worry! I just really enjoy the vibe. I can't really resist, it's awesome," Peter said, shrugging. Natasha sighed, as did everyone else. Tony face-palmed. Shuri high fived him. 

" Don't do something like that again!" Tony scolded. Peter just semi-glared at him. 

" What, would you rather I scream My Chemical Romance at the top of my lungs?" Peter asked. Tony shook his head while Clint snickered.

" They said 'All teenagers scare the livin' shit out of me,'" Clint started. Peter and Shuri instantly caught on. 

" They could care less as long as someone'll bleed," Shuri sang. At the top of her lungs. Peter followed suit.

" So darken your clothes, or strike a violent pose," Peter continued. They grinned at each other. 

" Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me," they sang together. The pair burst out into laughter. Tony was shaking his head. Even Natasha was chuckling. Peter and Shuri high fived. 

The team decided to stay on the roof and relax for a while. 

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed it! Again, thank you @IrisKnights17 for the idea! Hope this is kind of what you imagined! Feel free to leave a comment, but no pressure!

Stay bootiful my doods!

-Ghostie & Terry