Nightmares (5+1)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Another 5+1! Whoot!

Peter shot up, startled. He panted and rubbed his eyes, trying to erase the horrifying image that had imprinted itself upon Peter's mind. He'd just had a horrible nightmare, showing the Avengers as dead, bloodied, and obliterated, with a tall figure shrouded in shadows standing above them. 

Peter couldn't fall back asleep, so he decided to untangle himself from the sheets and go to the training room. But first, he went to the kitchen. He drowsily walked and found himself in front of the kitchen sink. He grabbed a glass and filled it, taking huge gulps of water. He set down the glass and splashed his face with water to wake himself up more. 

Peter went down to the training room. It had a weirder feeling to it during the middle of the night than it did when it was daytime. Here, around the hours of twilight was where the others would come to work out their nightmares, their memories, their haunting past. And tonight Peter was there. 

He stepped up in front of the punching bag and started loosely working through routines. Then as time went by, he soon was beating on the bag recklessly, bruising and bloodying his knuckles. He was down in the training room for hours, sweating, panting, and trying to forget his nightmare.

Bucky came down a couple hours after Peter had woken up. He'd been woken by his own nightmare; a memory of a particular mission. It had been one of the first that had really instilled fear in those who knew of him. So he went down to the training room to work it out. But instead he found Peter, sweating, bleeding, bruised, and looking like he was crying. Sweat doesn't come out of your eye, does it?

Bucky came up beside Peter and put a hand on his shoulder. Peter whipped around, not thinking someone else would be up yet. But of course, of all people, Bucky was. 

" You good Peter?" Bucky asked. Peter sighed and shrugged. Bucky sighed and guided Peter to the bench. He flipped on the lights, which had been off this entire time. He went to the closet to grab the first aid supplies and went back over to Peter. Carefully, he wiped away the blood, wiping it away every time that it started pooling up again. Thankfully, it didn't bleed for long. 

Bucky cleaned Peter's knuckles and bandaged them. He also checked Peter's wrists, which seemed to be bruised. Peter winced. 

" Okay, that seems a bit more serious. I'll have Bruce take a look at it in the morning, alright?" Bucky said. Peter nodded tiredly. A few minutes passed.

" Want to tell me why you were beating the shit out of your knuckles at four in the morning?" Bucky asked. Peter shrugged again. 

" Had a nightmare?" Bucky asked knowingly. Peter nodded. Bucky stood and helped Peter do the same. 

" Come on, let's go to the roof," Bucky said. Peter looked at him, confused. 

" Why?" 

" It's where I usually go when I have nightmares. It's surprisingly calming," Bucky told him. Peter nodded. The two went to the elevator and rode up to the top. 

They stepped out onto the roof and sat on the edge, dangling their feet. 

" So what was the nightmare about?" Bucky asked. Peter took a deep breath. 

" I saw the team bloodied, bruised, and dead, with a freakishly tall figure shrouded in the dark. He laughed kind of darkly, then I woke up," Peter explained. Bucky nodded, and patted Peter's back. 

" Well, that's not going to happen. No one can kill Stark at least with how thick his head is," Bucky said humorously. Peter laughed. The two stayed up there for a while, chatting, talking, and laughing. They had a good time.

When the morning came, the others came up looking for the two of them. 

" Hey, breakfast is ready if you guys want it," Steve called. Bucky and Peter quickly rejoined the group.

Hey guys! So I know I haven't updated in forever, which I'm sorry about. But I hope you liked this! Feel free to leave a comment, but no pressure!

Stay bootiful my doods

-Ghostie & Terry