Home (songfic)

Hey guys! In this one-shot, Peter doesn't know the Avengers, and May is abusive, and MJ and Ned aren't friends with him, just people in the crowd. I dunno if you can tell but this is gonna be sad. Hope you enjoy!

---

Home

A place where I can go

" I am sorry sir, but your aunt, she didn't make it"

Peter slumped against an alley wall, Spider-Man mask in hand, and curled up, trying to rid himself of the awful pain. The pain from not only the beating he had received only hours ago, but the pain from losing his last living relative. Yes, May had been horribly abusive, but Peter had loved her. And now she was gone. 

To take this off my shoulders

It hit him. Peter had no where to go. No friends to rely on, no one. He'd have to go into foster care. Peter let out a sob, and cried into his arms, curled in the fetal position. He'd give anything to hear his phone going off with angry messages from May, demanding him home, just to know she was still alive. But she wasn't, and the only notification he had was a missed call before he'd finally answered. Peter had no one. No where. 

Someone take me home

Peter wished with all of his heart that he had somewhere to go, but he didn't, and he had to get all his stuff out of his apartment. 

---two weeks later---

Now tell me: how did all my dreams turn to nightmares?

Peter woke up with a startle and a gasp, panting. He rubbed his eyes and snapped them open again. Another nightmare. He'd been getting them more and more frequently ever since May's death, and he couldn't ever get more than three hours of sleep. 

Tell me why the world never fights fair? 

A surge of anger hit Peter, and out of rage, he slammed his fist into the wall. Why him?! Why does all the bad shit in the world have to happen to him?! What did he ever do?! 

Peter sank back down to his knees and sobbed. This wasn't fair. How was he supposed to survive all of this? 

---

It was well past eleven at night, and Peter was still trying to sleep. He fought for it, but it wouldn't come, so Peter sang quietly to himself, singing his worries away. 

" I found no cure for the loneliness, I found no cure for the sickness, nothing here feels like home, crowded streets but I'm all alone," he sang. But he stopped when he heard someone approach. Not walk past, but approach. All he noticed was that the man had a metal left arm. 

" What are you doing out here kid? It's cold," the man said. Peter sighed, and looked up at the man. 

" I'm just trying to find home."

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it was so short, I'm just trying to put stuff out there :) Feel free to leave a comment, but no pressure!

Stay bootiful my doods

-Ghostie & Terry