God Of Protection, Son Of Loki

Hi everyone! So quick note here, I just wanted to say thank you so, so much for upwards of 3K reads! I know I said I'd try to thank you guys for every hundred, but I've been slipping up, and I'm really sorry about that! I'm really happy that you guys have been reading this and hopefully enjoying it! I'll try and be better about making sure you guys know you're all appreciated! :) Also I'd like to give a quick shout out to @ajSuny for all the votes and the comment! I hope you're enjoying these one shots! 

So this one shot has a lot to set up lol Okay, So Peter is Loki's kid, and is the god of protection, and he protects those who pray to him, but he judges whether they're worthy of protecting. For example, someone who has killed in cold blood that pleads to him will not be protected, but an innocent family trying to survive will be? Does that help? Idk. He's been running from Loki because he feels that he was too hard on Loki to raise or something because he's the god of something so different than mischief. So he ran, but also because Loki had been doing things that ended up with Peter getting a lot more prayers soo... yeah, idk He hops from realm to realm, and he's on Midgard with the alias of Peter Parker, intern to Tony Stark. He is still a vigilante, but he's not Spider-Man. He doesn't have any parents, aunts or uncles either. He lives at Avengers tower. He also did inherit Loki's magical abilities to change appearance and use tendrils of magic, but he doesn't use them to be bad, just to help keep his aliases up. I think that's it. I know that was a lot, idk if you read it all, but if you did hiii and thanks for reading XD let's get to the stooorryyyyy

Peter was working on a project for Stark when he felt a low hum, like a whisper, in his ear. Someone was praying. 

I don't know if you can hear me, but I pray to Pietore Lokison, God of Protection. My family is being threatened by terrorists at the border, and I ask of you to protect myself, my loved one, and my children. A chance of escape is all I need

Peter sighed. There were always tragic situations so many people needed to be saved from. It was heartbreaking. He closed his eyes and found the person and in the blink of an eye, did what was apparently known as a sort of background check. He checked for serious crimes done with the intent of harm for all those who were mentioned in the ask for protection. None. They were an innocent family trying to survive in a brutal area full of bandits and terrorists. He granted their protection. He gave them an escape, and made sure they were going to come across fresh water and food.

It was over within seconds, but it had felt like longer. Peter didn't get so many prayers as he'd been rumored to be dead back on Asgard. Not many people believed he was still alive, although his father, Loki, was one of those few people. He had refused to give up, even after his uncle Thor had returned unsuccessful in his search for him. But Peter had fled, leaving his father out of guilt and pressure. It had been hard for Loki to raise him, since protection and mischief were so different. And Loki had also gone around and slipped up, hurting and terrorizing innocents. It had induced the need to pray in a lot of people. Peter's ears had never stopped buzzing until he'd run away. He only ever received prayers from the realm and the surrounding realms that he was in. And he scarcely got prayers from this realm since not many people believed in him. It was nice, to have peace. 

Soon, Peter and Stark had finished up their project and were heading to the common floor to grab a snack. He and Tony sat against the counter, laughing and having a good time. Soon, however, it was time for Peter to start heading to bed. He needed to sleep. 

---

The next day, Peter had to go to school. The very concept of it was disturbing and stupid, an opinion that Peter could never be shifted from. In all other realms, they did offer spaces and citizens to teach those who had no other way of learning, other than that parents, family friends, and family members would teach. Or you'd learn on your own. But in Midgard, it was required by law that a child get some sort of schooling and education. And the education system is even stupider than requiring that students get some sort of formal schooling.