Chapter 24- Death Glare

Each Girl kept their eyes peeled when they walked into school.
Cheryl's first class was AP Chem which she was not looking forward too. She spent longer than usual at her locker scanning the halls.
As much as she wanted to see Toni she wasn't sure she was ready. What does she say to her? How does she act? She can't be anything less than mean to her at school anyway due to the hatred she is suppose to hold for her kind.

The bell rang and Cheryl sighed audibly before closing her locker and heading to class, her usual badass swing in her step.

When Cheryl walked in her teacher looked at her but she ignored her then  took her usual spot at the back of the class and set her books neatly on her desk.
A scrawny boy with muddy brown hair walked up to her, making an attempt to sit next to her.
She picked her bag up and slammed it on the chair next to her, almost hitting the boy as she did .
"Think carefully about your next move" she scowled, looking at him angrily. He could have said something but his voice caught in his throat and he just coward away finding a different chair.
10 minutes in and she still hadn't paid attention to anything her teacher was saying. She absent mindlessly drew in her notebook and only stopped when she heard.
"Oh well it appears we have a transfer" Cheryl was mildly interested so she looked up.
"Ms Topaz, too smart for regular old chem huh" the old teacher chirped laughing at her own joke.
Toni forced a lipless smile and turned away eyebrows raised. This teacher was way too... Nice.
She was about 60 years old,  had on a long floral skirt, her hair was permed and her resting face was an approachable smile. Toni couldnt help but laugh in her head. She never really sees a genuinely happy person in riverdale it was kind of comforting.

"Yeah I guess" Toni shrugged awaiting further instructions.
"Oh and would you look at that there is a free seat next to Ms Blossom" Toni can't believe she hadn't noticed Cheryl the second she walked in and when the teacher said this Toni had to look away to hide her excitement.
The teacher motioned her towards the back of the class.
Toni made a mental note to thank whichever God made her smart enough to be in this class.

The class new about the tension between Cheryl and all the serpents so they all practically stared at Toni as she walked up to Cheryl awaiting some kind of entertainment.
When she reached the table Cheryl looked up, she almost seemed scared.
"Ummm" Toni spoke pointing to the bag.
"What?" Cheryl made a face at her.
Toni just sighed. She kind of expected this so she just grabbed Cheryl's bag and went to place it on the floor.
"Get your hands off my stuff" Cheryl spat snatching the bag back from her.
Everyone continued to watch the scene unfold.
"Well you weren't going to move it" Toni raised her arms as if to say what was i suppose to do.
Cheryl scanned the class watching her intently.
"Avert your eyes peasants!" she shooed them away and noone was willing keep looking after that.
"Pay attention class" the teacher spoke clapping her hands as if that had done anything.
She started teaching again but kept an eye on the two girls who seemed as though they were about to tear each others hair out.
Cheryl rolled her eyes and put her bag to the side of her watching Toni take a seat next to her.
A few minutes went by and noone seemed to pay them no mind anymore.

"So is this how its gonna be?" Toni whispered to Cheryl leaning closer to her while keeping her eyes facing forward.

Cheryl thought about what to say. She panicked for what felt like forever in her own head. In the end she just chose to ignore the girl, even going as far as to turn away from her and stare out the window.

"I see" Toni whispered glumly. She sat back in her chair and the rest of the class, they stayed in silence occasionally  glancing at each other when they weren't looking but never once speaking up.

After an agonisingly painful hour Toni practically stormed off and Cheryl couldnt help but look down in shame.
That IS NOT how she wanted her first encounter with Toni to go.
God what was she going to do?
The rest of day wasnt any better either.

They ignored each other in the halls.
They ignored each other in class.
Hell, they even sat as far away from each other as they possibly could at lunch.
It sucked.

Toni
"You okay Toni" the serpents were all messing around at they're own lunch table but amongst them Toni sat playing with her food, obviously in a foul mood.
"Toni?" Fangs asked again.
"Yeah man im fine" she shrugged eating a piece of... whatever they call the slop they serve there.
"You sure? you seem pretty off" he spoke a concerned look covering his face. Toni just nodded but the boy continued to press her a little.
Fangs voice was beginning to fade as Toni stared across the canteen watching Cheryl walked in with a plethora of people behind her.

She sat seething as Cheryl sat down. She  just really wanted it to be how it was at the hut. She didnt want it to all be over and for her to say goodbye. She couldnt just keep ignoring the girl in the halls AND around town,it's literally impossible. Its not like riverdale was a big town so they couldn't avoid eachother, not that thats what either girl wanted. But there was no way this was going to work.

Toni couldnt control her anger, she stayed there, her face twisting into a harsh expression and her eyebrows scrunching as she did.

Cheryl caught her eye but Toni's expression didn't change. Cheryl bit her lip and looked away still feeling horrible. It actually kind of frightened her the way she looked but she stayed seated at her table avoiding her gaze
She even tried conversing with others about anything but she couldnt help it, she could feel Toni's eyes on her. It made her nervous and this was a very unfamiliar feeling to her.

Continously looking up at the girl who would not stop staring daggers at her wasn't smart but she couldnt help it.

"Fangs I'm fine we'll talk later" Toni answered the boy. Not that she had heard a word he said.
He stared dumbfounded and arms out as Toni stood up from her chair and left him without explanation.

She made direct eye contact with Cheryl and bounded towards her  powerfully.

Here it is as promised!
Hope y'all enjoyed.