Chapter 26- I am sorry

"No Toni!" Cheryl yelled darting for the door, grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her into the closet.

"I hate that I have to say this more than once to get it through to you" Cheryl explained. Toni was still catching her bearings. When she left, she was really ready to just go back to ignoring Cheryl all day.
"I am not ready for this Toni, I wasnt ready for you, I wasnt expecting you to come into my life and turn it upside down, I'm suppose to hate you I'm suppose to like boys I'm suppose to do this and that and I cant throw it all away  because who knows what my mother would do and the people GoD the people will hang me this is absolutely unacceptable I will not I can not do this but I want too GOD I WANT to." Cheryl barely took a breath monologing away her brain practically spitting and sparking out electricity as if she was a robot that was overloading.
"Wooooooah chill" Toni was not ready to unpack everything the girl had said but Jesus she really needed to calm her down.
Cheryl breathed hard.
"I" Cheryl caressed Toni's face "am" she leaned in closer to the girl, getting a cool wiff of her strawberry and vanilla perfume "sorry" she choked out.

The eye contact that both girls were experiencing was incredibly intense which made it hard to focus on anything but eachother
Cheryl swallowed hard to keep her voice from cracking.
Toni just stared at her.
She really did mean it.
She really was sorry.
But was she really willing to hide in the closet with this girl... metaphorical kind not the one they were currently standing in.
"Will you say something?" Cheryl asked, Toni snapped out of it, not realising she had been rather lost in thought.
She knew what to do.
"I'm sorry I missed that could you say it again" Toni smirked up at the girl.

"Are you serious?! I CANNOT I WILL NOT-" Toni shut the girl up by kissing her. It was a light kiss that only lasted a few seconds but Cheryl sighed as she pulled away
"You're messing with me?" Cheryl half asked.
"Yes babe I'm messing with you" Toni smiled slightly. She had a feeling she needed to drop the intensity levels of this conversation so she was happy that her comment was successful in making the conversation a little more light-hearted.
"Good because I dont apologise once let alone twice thats all you get for the next 5 years" Cheryl spoke rather seriously.

"You think you'll still be around me in 5 years?" That sparked her interest.
"Well I mean its possible not a lot of people leave riverdale" Cheryl chose to go for a less ...romantic... approach when answering that question.

"Wow already planning our future together shit alarm bells" Toni laughed making an alarm signals by flashing her hands.
"Relax mon petite amour you couldn't handle me for a night let alone a year" she placed her fingers under the girls chin a somewhat domineering look in her eye.
"I'll take that challenge" Toni licked her lips and smirked devilishly.

"That wasnt a challenge" Cheryl had a small panic strain across her face.
She knew how this went.
She had been here before.
There was no getting rid of Toni now. Not that she wanted too but it would make life in the town of riverdale a little more ...
"Too late" Toni smirked once again proudly this time.
"Listen I better get back before my friends start worrying" Toni spoke a twinge of sadness evident in her tone.
"But" she grabbed Cheryl hands for comfort " let's meet after 5th period I think we need to talk more ...about this" she shrugged and squeezed her hands
"Can't we just kiss again?" Cheryl half joked.
Toni pecked her on the lips
"We need to talk and unpack all of" she let go of her hands and gestured in a circle around Cheryl "this"

"Yeah I very much lost my tenacity for a second didnt I" she admitted weakly.

"Yes but its understandable, I get why you're doing this Cheryl I've been there but we need to have a proper talk" Toni got serious.
"I suppose you're right" Cheryl gave in. It wasn't like she could just ignore it after the ramblings she had dropped upon the smaller girl. They barely knew eachother but for some reason Cheryl let her guard down with her and that's a habit she felt she needed to get rid of.

"3 o'clock" Toni pointed at her leaving backwards through the door.
And Cheryl just smiled to herself.
She breathed and counted to 20 before leaving the closet, incognito mode, and headed back towards the cafeteria.

Okay okay I know it's short and I've been gone a while but stay with me here, 2 more chapters in the next 24 hours to make it up to you guys?
Y'all have been so supportive of this story Thank you so much