Chapter 27- Exposed

As promised another chapter for y'all
And another to come soon.

During 5th period Cheryl was getting antsy. Her leg wouldn't stop jittering and she kept glancing towards the clock waiting for the bell to ring.
She was pulled from her dazed state by Veronica Lodge.
"Hey Cheryl" she spoke.
"Can I help you?" She asked although it was rather hurtful.
"Wait for me after class so we can go to the vixens meeting together, I have to get last week's assignment of Miss Treacle" she whispered while everyone had thier heads down working quietly in pairs.
Shit.
Shit shit shit shit shit.

How could she forget about her own practice she had arranged.
Actually that question was irrelevant, she knew the answer, she was distracted. Distracted by her little secret.
She ignored her inner panic and spoke up rolling her eyes "Fine just don't be too long I can't be late I'm the HB-"
"HBIC I know calm down it will only be a few minutes" Veronica said and then she turned around to get on with her work.

After class Cheryl wasnt sure what to do. She couldnt meet Toni she had to go to the gym, it would be utterly ridiculous if she wasn't to show up. She would have to reschedule with Toni. But she STILL didn't have the girls number.

She waited by the door for Veronica occasionally waving at admirers that passed her by. After 5 minutes most of the population had subsided out to the freedom of home.

As she looked down the corridor she saw Toni approaching her. Her eyes widened as she darted her eyes back to Veronica to see that she was finishing up with the teacher. She looked back at Toni shaking her head but the girl just looked at her confused.

Once she got closer Veronica popped up beside Cheryl
"Ready to go" she said.
Toni mouthed "oh" and diverted her steps to walk past the 2 girls.
"I've been ready for 5 minutes" Cheryl said sternly.
"Alright alright let's go" she adjusted her prada purse on her arm and began to walk.

"Oh hey Toni" Veronica smiled brightly at the serpent girl.
"Hey" she half smiled trying her best to ignore Cheryl and just keep walking.
"How's your first week been?" Oh god she was about to hold Toni hostage in conversation.
"Yeah yeah its been alright" she tucked her hair behind her ear internally screaming at herself.

"Woah" Veronica's eyes widened at Toni and Cheryl's widened at Veronica's very vocal appreciation for Toni. She turned to the girl blinking furiously.
"What?" Toni asked trying to act casual.
Veronica did a little khrmm, clearing her throat.
"Nothing" she spoke nervously. "See you later"  she quickly turned to leave. That was weird Toni thought.

When they were out of earshot Cheryl grabbed Veronica by her arm to stop her from walking.
"What was that about?" Cheryl asked trying to conceal her jealousy. From where she was standing it looked like Veronica was checking Toni out and letting a "woah" slip from her lips had Cheryl practically seething.

What Cheryl didnt know was that none of this was true. Veronica's reaction wasn't to the attractiveness of the girl but rather the large and very prominent hickeys that were exposed when she moved her hair away from her neck.

She wasnt judging Toni besides its not like her and Archie hadn't got a little heated once in a while and left a few marks. She just wasn't aware that Toni was in a relationship or dating and she definately didnt think she would sport hickeys like that.
Although she was in a gang. Not that that mattered but still she probably had her fair share of fun with people, she was hot. Oh no that's sounds bad she shouldn't assume that about her. Not that its a bad thing to have some fun. Woman empowerment woo.
This was basically Veronica's inner monologue as her and Cheryl walked in silence.

Why did she care so much about this? Well Veronica Lodge loves a little tid bit of gossip and if she were to befriend Toni like she was already planning then she would have all the juicy details.

"Veronica!" Cheryl practically yelled at the girl who was beside her lost in her own thoughts.
She cleared her throat again.
"Nothing" Veronica shrugged off Cheryls hand and continued walking
"Mmhmm" Cheryl made a distasteful face and carried on aswell.
"What? its true" The dark haired girl defended herself.
But Cheryls sour expression didn't change.

She had no right to be jealous. Toni wasnt hers. But God just thinking about that interaction made her blood boil and she was trying incredibly hard not to explode.
"Why do you care anyway?"Veronica interrogated the girl.
"I dont" she spat rather quickly "Just" she smiled sweetly "making conversation." Turning her nose up at Veronica's accusing looks.
"Hmmm" was all she voiced in response  and Cheryl chose not to be spiteful in this moment and just ignore the girl in order to avoid more questions.
She sighed in her own mind as they continued towards the gym.

Toni
Toni walked away in confusion.
What the hell was that?
Veronica was acting so strange. Although Toni wasnt really successful in ignoring Cheryl and caught a glimpse of Cheryls face.

She was annoyed well maybe she was jealous of how smitten Veronica was with her.
She couldnt help but get a little giddy at the idea of Cheryl being jealous of other girls speaking to her.

She snapped out of it and scolded her self in her head "stop it" she whispered to herself rather annoyed at how damaged her badass persona was because of the redhead.

She had bigger things to focus on anyway like where was Cheryl going. They had plans.
Maybe she would find a way to ditch Veronica.
Or maybe she would have to find her. They didn't exactly plan very well on where and how they would meet. Toni just sort of assumed it would be in the carpark once all the students had dispersed.

Maybe she should just wait.