Chapter 3-Did we just flirt?

She looked up and squinted a bit at the light above the person's head before thier face came into focus out of the silhouette.

To noone's surprise it was Cheryl hovering over the girl. Almost instinctively Cheryl started to reach out to help her because she felt a strange feeling ... is this guilt? Is she sad that she's hurt the serpent girl who she now knew was Toni.

she caught herself moving and instead just looked down at her.
"Watch where you're going snake" she flipped her almost crimson hair and smiled evily.

"Wow ..." Toni started to stand but she felt a hand grip her shirt and push down a little. "Umm what are you..." Toni started to ask Cheryl why the girl had crouched down, gripped her collar and pushed her towards the ground. Also she wondered to herself why she was even letting Cheryl do this considering any other human would have had their hand ripped off by now.

"I'm keeping you on your level" she spat. But that feeling came back that feeling of guilt crept into the back of Cheryls mind and a flash of it could be seen on her face. If you blinked you would miss it and Toni didn't blink.

"Careful Cherry blossom step on a snake and it will bite" she grabbed Cheryls wrist and pulled it from her collar standing up as she did.

"I..."

"You what princess? You having second thoughts" she flicked her eyes across Cheryl' s features trying to judge the girls feelings.

"I bite too you know" she looked angry but it was kind of sexy... Toni thought.

"Never heard of a Cherry blossom doing that in fact I could eat you in one bite" Toni inadvertently winked. This conversation was suddenly becoming known to the two girls of how suggestive it was.

They stared at eachother, Toni raising her eyebrows and Cheryl scrunching hers together. Its like they were both waiting for eachother to either say something to divert the conversation or just flirt back while pretending they hated eachothers guts.

Basically Cheryl and Toni both didn't know where to go from here. With Toni's hand still gripping Cheryl's wrist the redhead only saw one option. Her walls came up and her cold exterior became exposed.

"Get your sapphic serpent hands off my body and move away from this merchandise."
She smacked Toni' s hand away gestures to her body and then turned to walk away.

Toni just let out a small laugh smirking as the girl walked away. She acted like she wasn't just flirting 2 seconds ago so Toni didn't let it annoy her.

"You know..." Toni yelled after her and Cheryl slowed her pace "I love watching you walk away" the girl held onto the sides of her leather jacket and smirked even more.
It wasn't a lie. In fact Toni couldn't help but stare as she started to storm off.

She realised she could have some fun with this. She had almost uncovered Cheryl's weakness and the blossom girl was clearly hiding something that Toni was definitely going to find out.

Cheryl had stopped at this point but instead off turning back she just took a breath and then walked away, purposefully swaying her hips as she did and flicking her hair just to keep the girls attention on her.
It worked.
The serpent was almost drooling and her smirk had faded a little.

Cheryl Blossom didn't know why she did it and frankly she couldn't be bothered to think about it to much but she was very back and fourth with whether or not she liked Toni or hated her.

I mean she has to hate her she's a southsiders and she hates southsiders.

She's a serpent and she hates serpents.

AND she's a girl and she likes boys, she has to like boys, last time... that doesn't matter what matters is maintaining her schools reputation. She couldn't do that and persue- well deal- with Toni... Cheryl caught herself thinking.

When she was out of Toni's eye line she finally stopped and breathed another sigh "wow" she let out while leaning on a locker, closing her eyes and trying to figure out exactly what the HELL she was going to do.

Toni stood proud in the hallway she had no idea why she had let her gay take over but it seemed to intimidate the blossom girl plus she didn't really hate her it was more of a misguided liking that she was willing to look into.

She smirked at herself then left to find Jughead and the other serpents. Her encounter had left her late to her first lesson ... whatever that was.

And she was more than okay with it.

Next one will be longer guys aha 😜