Chapter 6- We're not friends

.... In school the next day

Toni was frustrated. She was incredibly annoyed at the infuriating locker code that wasn't working and instead of calmly sorting it, she just shook the padlock violently.

"Having trouble?" Toni jumped a little at the voice but kept her posture sure and stiff.
She looked down dreading turning around because she had not yet thought of this scenario happening, surprisingly, considering all she did was think of ways to flirt with the face behind the voice.

While in thought Cheryl waited patiently for the pink haired girl to turn around and eventually she did.

Cheryl was stood, a tight red laced shirt hugging her hips and a pair of skinny fit jeans leading to her black healed,knee high boots.

Toni who was now examining the girls appearance was stood wearing similar skinny fit jeans and boots with a blue tank top covered slightly by her serpent skin.

"You'd love that wouldn't you" she finally replied crossing her arms expecting some mean retort from the girl.
However Cheryl noticed Toni checking her out so she thought she would prolong this interaction. She placed her hands on her hips and half smiled with cockiness.

So to Toni's surprise she just said
"Sometimes they get stuck ...here " she held her hand out, the other still pearched on her hip. "Give me your combination" she looked so confident like Toni would just obey her. Then again she did need help. But she couldn't exactly give Cheryl an upper hand even in something so small. But look at her! But look who she is!

"Okay yeah" Toni gripped the paper with her locker number and combo written on it closer to her chest. "I'm not gonna do that how stupid do you think I am" she remained stood with her arms crossed after stating this, the paper still crushed in her hand.

"Clearly not smart enough to know that you shouldn't talk to me like that" was she serious. Did she actually just scold Toni?
She scoffed "Wow you really think a lot of yourself don't you cherry blossom" she worked an eyebrow and laughed a bit.
"Don't call me that we are not friends enough for you too give me a nickname" she scolded once again.

"I don't like to give nicknames to my friends" Toni spoke up almost confusing Cheryl.

"So you like to give nicknames to your enemies" Cheryl asked but it was more of a statement followed by a "how very... strange of you" she looked the girl up and down in distaste. As she did though she noticed the girl's body and as much as she hated to admit it ... She was fine as hell!

"Oh no I give nicknames to my targets princess" Toni stepped forward touching under Cheryl's chin with her index finger and when Cheryl angrily twitched her head up away from the girls touch her hand dropped.

"You think you can scare me" she raised her eyebrow and smiled, amused at the girls misplaced confidence.

"That wasn't a threat" Toni winked.
So it was suggestive words, that intrigued Cheryl. So much so that she just stood silent for a few seconds trying to process this information.

"You know what I was just trying to help I don't need this" Cheryl followed that with a "hmph" of disapproval towards the, surprisingly confident in Cheryl's presence, serpent girl. This was the only thing she could actually do. She just hid her curious nature with her all so well known wall of horror.

"Seems a bit out of character for you" Toni challenged remaining close to Cheryl.
"Rude" Cheryl nodded widened her eyes and just stepped backwards. A couple of people rushed passed the two girls and it didn't seem to bother anyone that the redhead was blocking people's path because they would just avoid her at all costs anyway to escape her wrath.

"Okay what I'm gonna need you to do" Cheryl pointed at Toni "is hurry up if we're gonna make it to history on time" she looked at her nails imitating an impatient stance.

"Ummm what?" This girl was so confusing, one minute she was patronising Toni the next she was basically saying they were going to hangout and walk to class together.

"Oh god will I have to spell everything out for you" she rolled her eyes and kept a look of annoyance on her face. As if Toni should understand the twisted contradictory path that runs through the mind of Cheryl Blossom.

"We have the same class that's why I want you to get your books so we can go" she motioned down the corridor and Toni just stood, a dumbfounded expression on her face.

"You want me" she pointed at her self,eyes wide in discomfort "to walk with you" she pointed at Cheryl "to our class?" She then motioned between both of them.

"Yes" Cheryl spoke firmly as if this request, or more like order was natural to the way she currently felt about Toni. Which Toni believed to be hate at this point.
Deep down Toni didn't mind walking with the girl it meant she could see and talk to her more, get a closer look into her mind if possible and find out her secret which she already suspected.

Cheryl however, only acted like she was ordering the girl around because for some reason she hadn't even realised how she had gravitated towards Toni when she first came across her in the hall. She had watched the girl struggle and found herself smiling, not devilishly as you would assume but instead it was more of an admiration at her cuteness. After receiving this thought she snapped out of it convinced her mouth to taunt the Southside girl by walking up to her and saying "Having trouble"

She was unaware it would lead to this conversation and found herself wanting to talk to Toni more. She thought if she just acted normal infront of her,acting almost sickly sweet that the girl would casually follow along.
"But you don't like me" Toni crossed her arms and Cheryl found her eyes travelling from observing her crossed arms to her hips, then her legs and she inadvertably smirked before replying.
"Yes but I get what I want and what I want is to look shockingly accceptant of you southsiders so the teachers will get off my back" this wasn't a lie.

     After thier encounter yesterday teachers were making remarks all day and hinting to Cheryl that she should give the Southside students a chance it was just a bonus that Toni could be that Southside student.

"Okay one" Toni held up 1 finger and continued "I get what I want to princess so you might wanna rethink that whole bitchy girl act" Toni saw right through her and continued "and two" she held up 2 fingers "I am not gonna be used to make you look better if anything ill just outshine you" she cockily spoke a smirk creeping on the edge of her lip aswell.

Cheryl's face changed dramatically and she lunged towards the girl, intimidation in her face, eyes, body just her entire aura.
As she did this, for some reason, it actually effected Toni.
The girl out of reflex instead of swinging fists like she usually would just flew backwards slamming her back against the locker.
Why didn't she fight this?

Cheryl's face was inches from Toni's. She just let the girls breath hit her lips waiting for her to make the next move or speak because she couldn't move and she wasn't sure she wanted too.