Chapter 7- What you can't have

Yeah so I'm sorry this has taken so long I have been insanely busy. I don't want to make excuses but finding time to write has been hard but I should be posting more often now as things have died down. Enjoy...

By now the halls had quieted down with only a few people scattered here and there, when Cheryl spoke.
Her lips now centimetres away from Toni's lips she whispered
"Don't test my patience and don't EVER think you could outshine me." She spat out.

Toni's expression had switched from incredibly nervous, which Cheryl seemed to mistake for fear, to cocky. Straight up, full on, turned into a confident flirt.

"I'll do it again and again if I end up in this position" she flicked her eyes from Cheryl's eyes to her lips then back to her eyes again and smirked mischieviously.
This hit Cheryl. She was so focused on trying to intimidate Toni she hadn't even noticed how close the 2 were.

She panicked for a good 3 seconds before finally stepping backwards. This girl has given Cheryl a more complicated, contradictory set of emotions than she had ever experiences before and she had no idea how to handle it.

"Awww here's me thinking you were enjoying it as much as me" Toni smiled quite proudly at how much more confident she was getting.

"Krhm" Cheryl cleared her throat that had now become insanely dry before answering with a not very convincing "what...no" she could see from Tonis face that she was not fooling anybody so again she had to turn on bitch mode  "Oh please don't look at me like that just because you want what you cant have" she smirked. Even she wasn't sure if it was for intimidation or flirtation but hey she was gonna go with it either way.

Toni' s jaw dropped, her eyes widened and she just choked out a laugh. Clearly Cheryl was unaware of Toni' s reputation which made her ridiculously incompetent to the events that were occurring.

"Wow" Toni spoke unbelievably "just wow" she had never been in a situation like this where she wasn't completely in control so she knew that would have to change.
"I get that reaction a lot" Cheryl spoke a proud smile gleaming from edge to edge.
"Of course you do" Toni rolled her eyes while crossing arms wondering where this conversation would even get them.

"Yes now if you aren't going to be useful to me please avert your eyes and exit ...that way" she pointed down the corridor and just waited for Toni to oblige.
"What about my locker" she huffed
"What about it?"
"I need my books" Jesus did she have to spell out everything.

"My offer to help has expired. See always wanting what you cant have" she did a little wave but Toni didn't move.
"Is that a challenge?" She stepped forward slightly.

"Seems pretty pathetic to get over opening a locker don't you think" Cheryl acted uninterested.
"I'm not betting on the locker I'm betting on you" Toni smiled.

"Gambling is such a sin be prepared to lose" she raised her eyebrows. Now that was a challenge.

"On the contrary" Toni was getting sick of this back and fourth she wanted results. So, she remained facing Cheryl hit her locker at the top then bottom from behind and let it fly open. "I never lose" she spoke and turned to get her things out of her locker.

Cheryl was shocked. In fact she was more than shocked she was dumbfounded. Toni was gonna be an interesting aspect in her life from now on she could just tell, it was the fact that she was unpredictable in her actions that made Cheryl so weary of the serpent girl.

On the other side however Toni was internally cheering with absolute relief. She had no idea whether that trick would work or not and thank God it did otherwise she would be looking like a complete idiot infront of the one person she really shouldn't be. Her locker at Southside high had always jammed but in her frustrated state earlier she hadn't thought of trying it here on the Southside lockers.

After she grabbed the books she needed, she started to walk away.

But Cheryl noticed something and took this opportunity.
"Hey! Wrong way!" She spoke from behind Toni at which point the girl just cursed under her breath and turned around.
"You know what just take me to class" She couldn't be bothered.

"Oh so now you want my help?" She tried to challenge again. This seemed to be a regular occurrence that just couldn't be avoided at this point.

"Fine i'll find it eventually without you" she rolled her eyes for what seemed like the thousandth time and walked away again.
"Hey! I didn't say I wouldn't take you" Cheryl smiled.
"But you just..."
"Walk with me serpent girl" she snapped her fingers twice and started walking
"I prefer Toni" she bluntly stated. "And don't snap those priveledged fingers at me" she scowled.
"And I prefer quiet people" she said  started walking.

"Wait!" Toni blurted out.
"Yes?" Cheryl spoke with a patronising glare. Without thinking Toni just started walking alongside her. I mean either way they were going in the same direction might aswell make it interesting.
"Let's just go" she moaned.
"You're welcome" Cheryl smiled not so inoccently as they continued towards thier class.