Chapter 16- Serpents to the rescue

When the boys spotted the hut it barely took a few glances before they raced towards it collectively reading each others minds, yelling Toni's name as they did and kind of stumbling over their own feet... and eachother.

"Toni you there!" Sweatpea crashed into the door harshly before fumbling back wincing and grabbing his shoulder.

"It's pull" he heard a low voice say through a small laugh.
"Obviously" Sweatpea threw his hand back to hit the boy whilst mumbling "smartass"
Fangs just growled a little in protest.

He grabbed the crooked door handle and threw it open resuming in his frantic state.

"Watch it" fangs yelled as the boy's fist came within a centimetre of his face. Sweatpea,of course, ignored this and basically jumped through the door.

They all eventually caught up to sweatpea who was frozen in place staring at something.
"Sweatpea what w-" Jughead's sentence was cut short by his own eyes witnessing the same thing sweatpea had saw.

"Toni!" Jughead yelled running towards the girl who was laid out on hard wooden floor facing away from them. They panicked.

"Hey hey wake up Toni" Sweatpea knelt beside the girl frightened of the womens state.

"Oh god oh god" Fangs paced back and forth racking his hands through his hair nervously already assuming the worst. That was his speciality.

"TONI" He yelled again swinging his hand back to slap the girl awake...
"Hey." A swift but harsh grip caught the wrist of the guy and dug in.

"Ow ow ow ...dude!" He submitted struggling out of her grip. "Fuck" he whispered shaking his hand.

"You were really gonna slap me?" She asked pretending to wake up and her performance was grand if she did say so herself.
She sat up smiling at the guy who started to explain himself.

"I was scared. Jesus T you're laying on the floor of a wooden hut in the middle of nowhere for crying out loud" he retorted rubbing his wrist in pain.

Shit.
What exactly can she say to that?
"Heh heh yeah that's a good point it is a bit ... odd" she nervously laughed her way out of the situation.

Toni moved awkwardly to get up.
Sweatpea took this chance to grab her hand and help her stand.
"Dude" Toni slapped his hand away once she was on her feet "I'm fine" she laughed a little.

"Umm d'you wanna explain" Fangs asked after finally getting his breath under control.
"Yeah Toni we were worried about you when you didnt show up this morning, we've been searching for you for hours"
Jughead threw
his hand in the air a little frustrated.

"Okay guys I just fell asleep it's nothing to worry ab-"
"In a hut?" Sweatpea interrupted, already not believing the girl.
"You wanna here the rest or not" Toni rolled her eyes.

Toni's eyes subtley switched between the boys and the rest of their surroundings continuing to explain.

"What are you looking at?" Jughead spoke beginning to turn to catch a glimpse of whatever was so interesting to Toni
"Nothing! Nothing" Toni sort of yelled then dialed it back a bit. Obviously she wasn't subtle enough she scolded herself lightly in her head.

"can we just go I'll explain on the way" she threw her arms around her boys and walked straight towards the door and of course they just followed, happy she wasn't hurt.

.......

The voices grew distant at which point Cheryl stood up from behind the grubby piece of furniture with a look of distaste on her face as she once again had wiped the dust of her clothes. Her very expensive clothes might she add.

"For God's sake" she whispered.

Now what?

Ten minutes earlier ...

"So shall we go out there then-" Toni barely finsihed her sentence before she was met with a harsh and profound "No."
"Exactly so..."
"So I still don't know"
Toni stopped for a moment
"Listen Cheryl about yesterday..."
"TONI!"
"Shit! We'll talk about it another time they're right outside!"

"What what are you doing" Cheryl sort whisper yelled as Toni pushed her towards something.

"Just hide..."

"Where? Get off me" Chery fought back a little as they got into a strange little scrap.

"I dont know just HIDE!" They pushed apart and Toni stumbled back a little causing her to actually fall back into the wall.

Cheryl crouched behind the dusty couch and then hesitated almost standing back up to help the girl but as she did their was a loud bang at the door and voices could be heard arguing.

Cheryl crouched and Toni took this moment to just close her eyes and pretend she was asleep, shutting her eyes quickly then hearing the guys run in like rabid dogs.

Now....

What was she suppose to do now?! The girl had left with her little serpent buddies and she was stuck here.
Considering she got here by motorbike... the motorbike now being ridden off by the deviant girl who had left her stranded.
She made a mental note to thank Toni for that rather sarcastically.

She also made a mental note that nobody noticed she was missing or came looking for her or carried her off happy she was okay.
And now she was here
Alone
...
Alone.
That sucked.
Oh well. She sniffed wiping a stray tear of her face and sitting down on the same grubby couch she didnt even want to look at let alone sit on a few minutes ago.