Chapter 22- Overthinking, under pressure.

Toni spent the rest of the weekend just thinking about Cheryl. She couldnt call or text her because she didnt have her number, she couldnt go to her house (and not just because her mother tried to run her over)but because Thisle house was a fortress and ...well yeah mostly that. She couldnt really do anything until school on Monday which sucked.

Not that Cheryl even wanted to see her. The way she left the other day was almost as if they were saying goodbye forever.

But how could she not just lay on her bed and think of the girl. The way she felt, the way she kissed, hell even the way she yelled at Toni. That girl bought a new level of excitement to Toni's life. I mean being in a gang is one thing but being in a room with Cheryl Blossom passionately arguing and kissing ... well that was a whole other ball game.
'For fucksake' Toni thought to herself throwing a pillow over her face and basically screaming into it.
She spent most of the weekend fixing the slight damage the rain had done to her motorcycle, in order to distract her self from her own thoughts.

When Monday finally came around Toni had never been happier to wake up at 7am. She took extra time getting ready and picking out clothes that would show off her best features. Now she wasn't too proud of all the effort she was making but at the same time she couldnt care less. She wanted Cheryl to notice her and see what she might be missing out on.
Toni was gonna get that girl whatever it takes. She always gets what she wants and Cheryl is more than just a want she is a need at this point.
She threw on her serpent skin and yelled a quick "bye" before heading out the door towards her bike. She was ready.

Cheryl.

By the time Monday had rolled round Cheryl expected the evidence of her Mothers tantrum would have faded by now.
She was wrong.

She had spent the entire weekend in her room only leaving once her Mother had left and then returning before her Mother got home.
She failed this on Sunday. Her Mother had caught her in the kitchen and decided to threaten the girl once more for running from her instead of facing the consequences.
Consequences she oh so willingly demonstrated to her daughter once again.

By now she would have been over it but the hatred that boiled inside Cheryl, even at the sight of her Mother, was enough to scare her inside. Instead she dabbed at her face with a cloth and reapplied her makeup ready for the day.

The only thing that made her feel even a little at ease was Toni. Knowing that she would see her again.

She had this fantasy of Toni appearing heroically on a white horse.
She would climb up the old vines that resided across the side of the house and stop only once she reached her window.
She would fight the demon and its hazardous breath in honour of her. She would defeat her with one last strike of a sword. And she would save Cheryl.
She would then take her hand and guide her out of the window lifting her seemlessly onto her horse and whisking her away from this prison and riding off into the night.
No Mother.
No judgement.
No consequences.
It was bliss.
Just Happily Ever After.
But that fantasy... was just that. A Fantasy. This isn't a fairytale. It's real life.
And isn't that just tragic Cheryl thought to herself.
Now some might say it's a rather dramatic scenario but it was fine because nobody would ever know about it. It was all in Cheryl's head and ironically it was the only thing keeping her sane.

Her mind continued to wander as she got ready.
She wore a long sleeved white shirt to cover the still very prominent "cat scratches" on her arms and a black denim over dress with her own splash of Cheryl blossom red and thin black tights to complete the look.

Time for school she thought to herself sighing whilst examining her face in the mirror one last time before leaving.

Cheryl spent the entire ride to school thinking about what to do about Toni. It was bad enough that she wanted that feeling back again when she was with her but that "Goodbye" was suppose to be exactly that, a goodbye FOR GOOD.
She knew she had made that clear to Toni but it wasn't enough. Now she had to convince herself to stick to it and not approach her again.
Toni had seen Cheryl at her most vulnerable which made her uncomfortable because noone had EVER witnessed that phenomenon occur.
She couldn't face the girl again after everything that happened.
The kissing
The panic attacks
The crying
She tried to force herself to think about anything else but of course to no avail so she continued to overthink excessively about the situation.

Even if you forget about the fact that Toni is a girl and a serpent and temptress to Cheryl, she is still above all else a weakness for her.

It was like her mind was this cocktail of emotions that she had crazily decided to swallow whole.
One minute she was shameful for letting her other side show, the next she was incredibly happy at the thought of being with Toni and blushing. Then she was Angry that she couldn't have any of this without an overload of issues bombarding her life.
She frowned, her head literally hurting at the amount of things she was thinking about.
"Urghhhhh" she whined audibly to herself in the car.

It was crazy.

She was just undoubtedly, stupidly and  uncontrollably ...
confused.

Hey I'm back from the dead.
I honestly don't know what I'm doing I only write when I get moments of inspiration and I cant post till I'm 100% happy with it.
Which I know is annoying sorry.
Anyway for those of you who are still here hope you enjoyed. Peace.