Chapter 5- distractions,distractions

Toni took off her helmet and hung it on the handle of her motorcycle then walked to the edge of Sweetwater river.
She closed her eyes, breathed in the cool air and listened to the rivers current crash against the rocks.
It sounds nostalgic but she enjoyed being outside, just chilling alone with her camera.
She walked towards the rocks and set her camera down then taking a couple of pictures. Occasionally, changing the brightness and focus points as she did.
This was such a beautiful place to photograph it's too bad it's history is so ugly
After that thought she focused across the River and noticed a pale blurred figure was sat on the rocks at the other side. She then watched as the figure stood up and walked closer to the river.

When Toni zoomed in she saw it was Cheryl and started to take more pictures, this time more satisfied with the results. As the camera focused the girls mood seemed to change though. What used to be a few nice off guards turned into a solumn photo from where Cheryl had been lost in thought previously. Cheryl looked like she was crying but it was hard to tell.

Toni stood up. Cheryl hadn't noticed her and it was doubtful that she'd want to see Toni or even cared.
But she had to try ... no she couldn't not yet she wouldn't even get to her on time and what would she say. She likes Cheryl and she doesn't know if she can deal with that just yet.
No she should try atleast, she seems upset and Toni knows there is probably a good reason why since Cheryl tries to hides her pain so much around.

"Toni!" A voice yelled from behind her by the trees interrupting her train of thought.

"Shit sweetpea you scared me" she breathed annoyed at the guy.

"We have to go" he said hastily, pointing backwards to nothing in particular. He seemed more frantic then usual but Toni couldn't focus on that because...

"How did you even know I was here?" She ignored the boy's hast and looked at him. To her it was a bit creepy then again isn't it to everyone.

"Chill out Toni im not stalking you I saw you when I drove by, boss needs us let's go" he walked towards her motioning for her to come towards him.

Toni looked back towards Cheryl who now,unlike through her camera lense, seemed rather far way.

"What? Right now?" She turned back to him hoping it wasn't that serious of a situation that she could probably leave the other serpents to it.

"Yes Toni let's go, Serpents never stand alone remember" Sweetpea made a great point, how could Toni fight with the oath she took. "FP said it's an emergency" he added.
Toni knew this was even more reason to leave.
"Okay" she followed him only partly reluctantly because eventhough she's intrigued by Cheryl she stands by her gang, they're her family.

Cheryl...
Getting away from her wretched mother felt amazing to Cheryl. The only time she ever felt safe to her was when she was far away from her and anyone for that matter.

She made her way through the trees, occasionally using one to pull herself forward, until she reached the rocks by the river.
She sat for a whole minute just watching the river flow by lost in thought.
And she cried.
She cried for what felt like forever and then she just stopped.
That was what she needed at that point in time and being by herself she felt safe to do so. Between her Mother, school and her struggling sexuality the girl felt like she was going to implode.

After another hour of just sitting and relaxing she stood up close to the waters edge.
Although everything in her life presently seemed to be collapsing on top of her sanity, she stated to think of the past. Most importantly Jason.

As Cheryl stared out across the way she trailed away from reality ad got lost in thought about her brother.
How this was where she was found after faking his death. How this is where he was found actually dead a week later. How nothing seemed to be able to fill the void she now felt because of her brothers untimely demise.

And once again she let a tear fall as a solumn expression covered her face. She couldn't take it much more and she began to feel like thier was a crushing wait holding her here.
So she had to go.

She was about to turn to leave when she spotted something on the other side of the river.
Two serpents probably discussing ways to destroy the north side of Riverdale Cheryl thought.

It was evident they were serpents because of the, very obvious even from afar, jackets. Although the redhead was too far away to make out who.
She watched them run into the trees and just rolled her eyes, sighed then turned herself to leave.

"Time to go home... I mean hell" Cheryl whispered to herself as she disappeared into the trees.