Chapter 21 -Mother dearest, Monster dearest

They both got on the bike in silence. Toni handed Cheryl her helmet and waited for her to put it on. The engine roared to life, thank god it sounded healthy even after being out in a storm, and they were off.

The only noise the whole ride back to Thistle house was the sound of that engine and when they got close enough Toni parked down the road and let Cheryl get of the bike ... almost exactly where she had picked her up the night before.

Cheryl didn't say anything. She just handed the helmet back to the girl on the bike.
Toni didnt really know what to say either so she remained silent too. But Cheryl also didnt walk away and Toni did not ride away either.

The redhead looked up the street to the large house, her heart silently breaking.How can she go back there now? How can she leave Toni? What was she to tell mother? Quite Frankly cheryl preferred the rusty old hut to that glorious looking mansion. Her mind continued to wondered until she felt a hand on hers.
"Hey" Toni let herself radiate comfort and used a light voice so as not to shock the girl to much out of her trance-like state.

Cheryl looked down at her hand before trailing her eyes up to Toni's eyes.
She felt kind of ...sad? I mean she would rather spend all of her time in some dirty ass woods with Toni then curl up in her luxurious 4 poster bed all alone
feeling silk sheets against her skin.
But she knew it was wrong. She was back home now, back to reality, back to this dreadful life.
Cheryl actually felt a twinge of guilt when she pulled her hand away crushing the hope in Toni's eyes.

"Goodbye Toni" she said turning the walk away.
"Wait!" She almost yelled causing cheryl to stop in her tracks. "Can I see you again?" Toni asked. She was extremely annoyed at how desperate that sounded but she had to say something. And thats all she could think of.

Cheryl stayed facing away from the girl. After contemplating what to do she decided not to look back and just keep walking.
Toni almost yelled after her, almost ran after her, almost made a huge mistake.
She knew this because she revved her engine and began to ride down the road only to be almost clipped by a a red and white Chevrolet convertible occupied by one Mrs Blossom.
Penelope barely blinked and continued on beeping her horn, earning an angry
"Fuck you!" From Toni as she swerved out the way and stopped, looking back to see Mrs Blossom laughing and calling her a "vile serpent" before pulling into her street.

"Bitch" Toni whispered before kicking down her clutch and speeding off towards her home... thank god.

Cheryl

Cheryl blocked out everything and just walked through the large steel gates and up the long driveway.
She couldn't wait to just get inside and forget about everything. Forget about The storm,forget about the hut, forget about ... Toni.
Atleast until shs had to see her again at school.

She grabbed her keys out of her pocket and no sooner than she put the key in the lock did she hear.
" CHERYL MARJORIE BLOSSOM" Her Mother's voice boomed. She halted, not really out of fear more out of annoyance for what was about to occur.
She let out an exasperate sigh lifting her head to the sky and closing her eyes.

She heard the door to her mothers ridiculously expensive car slam and turned around
"Yes Mother" she rolled her eyes clear enough for people 4 streets away to see not just her mother.
"Don't yes mother me" she stormed towards cheryl and reached out. Cheryl didnt flinch. She doesn't do that anymore. But instead of a clip round the ear her mother reached behind the girl, turned the key in the lock and pushed the door open.

"Get in" she spat, nothing but malice lacing her words.
Cheryl trudged inside and then watched the door to the outside world shut quickly. There she was in this darkened hallway awaiting another brutal string of words about to fall from penelopes lips with ease.
She moved to rush up the stairs but her mother yelled again.
"Where do you think youre going?" She spat again. It was as if evil was the only tone she knew in which to speak.
"To my room can't you just leave me be mother" she pleaded.
"Leave you be?" She questioned "leave you BE?!" She practically screamed.
Cheryl stood at the bottom of the stairs hand on her hip.
"You have been gone for an entire night!" She threw her hands in the air astonished. "You didn't call, you didn't text where the hell were you?" She asked.

Cheryl just ignored the question.
"Don't act like you actually give a fuck about me" she said knowing exactly the kind of pain she would go through if she was to tell the truth. Avoid the subject sge thought to her self.

"Language" he mother interrupted.
"Oh please" she rolled her eyes again.
"Do you realise how this makes me look as a mother, you're pathetic cheryl running away like a child. What will the towns people think of me letting you do that" There it is! The real reason her Mother sounded like she cared.

"Oh I understand we can't let anyone actually assume we aren't perfect can't have mother of the year over here be painted as the vicious demon that she is" Cheryl spat this time her face twisting into anger and spite. Avoid it Cheryl thought to herself again.

"Watch your mouth!" she trudged towards her daughter pointing directly at her face.
"Or what Mother? There's not many things worse you can do than force me to remain in this hell you call a home" Cheryl turned to walk away but her mother grabbed her arm and kept her grip tight on the girl.

"You want to see what hell is really like darling that can be arranged, you think you can just walk away from me?" She tightened her grip digging her nails in sharply as she did.
Cheryl winced trying to pull away "Mother!" she yelled widening her eyes and looking down at her arms.

"You will not just leave like that, you will never leave. Dont you understand that you have everything here and its all because of me and if you can't learn respect this way I'll have to try another" she spoke callously nothing but evil in her eyes.
"Let go of me you monster!" Cheryl screamed pulling away from her mother. As she did this her mothers nails dragged down her arm leaving a nasty looking mark trailing down her arm.

Cheryl wasted no time in running up the stairs and darting into her room slamming the door and locking it.

Her mother however, wasted no time in banging on the door harshly.
"You will learn manners young lady" she yelled through the door "let me in you childish girl" she continued to bang on the door, hard. "Open this door!"

Cheryl just held her arm in pain and slid down the door crying.
Her mother was right she was trapped here there was no getting out. What would she do? Where would she go? Her Mother was constantly belittling her and acting as if Cheryl having the slightest imperfection would ruin her own reputation.

She cried for what felt like hours and eventually her Mother had given up screaming and walked away from the bedroom door.

Cheryl didnt even try to move. She just sat silently,  hugging her knees and hating being back in this god forsaken underworld of nightmares. 
One her Monster of a Mother called a home.