Chapter One

Hoseok POV

───

The persistent buzzing of my alarm jolted me from my mid-afternoon nap. I'd had a busy last couple of days, I'd been working on a new post for my Instagram page. Nothing massive just a couple of photoshoots out of town so the constant travelling had worn me out. But this was just business as usual for me, I'd be busy for a few days then my life would settle down again and I'd have some time to myself to relax and enjoy my life. 

I sat up from my laying position on the couch resting my feet on the cold laminate floor, rubbing the sleep from my eyes with my fist. I let out a quick yawn and proceeded to lift myself up from the couch. 

I staggered into the kitchen grabbing a glass of water and chugging it down, catching a glimpse of my watch. 2 pm. 

"Shit" I mumbled.

I'm going to be late I thought to myself quickly finishing my water and rushing off into the bedroom to get dressed. 

I threw on the first thing I saw and quickly straightened my hair, shoved my phone and wallet in my pocket and rushed out the door of my apartment. Making sure to lock the door as I left. 

I was definitely going to be late. 

───

After about a 20-minute walk through town, I arrived placing a firm knock on the door in front of me. 

The door flew open and a hand pulled me inside so fast I almost stumbled onto my face struggling to keep my balance once they released their firm grip on my sweater. 

"Jin what the hell, I could have fallen on my face!"  A loud bellow of laughter filled the room, a noise that can only be described as a windscreen wiper on a car.

"You're late, you were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago I couldn't spend time with pleasantries at the door" I rolled my eyes in response this wasn't at all surprising behaviour for Jin. He was something else. 

"Joon, I do not envy you having to put up with this every day," I spoke directing my gaze to the guy sitting on the couch in the middle of the room, back turned in my direction. "Honestly I'm surprised I've lasted this long," he said turning to face us still standing in front of the door. HE had a teasing smile on his face.

"Yah!" The comment earned Namjoon a slap around the back of the head causing him to rub the back of his head roughly to ease the pain. "You're lucky to have such a handsome husband like  me you ungrateful swine."

I grinned at Jin's comment earning myself a sly look from the guy in front of me. I won't lie a shiver ran down my spine, Jin was scary sometimes when he really wanted to be.  "Sorry I'm late, I fell asleep on the couch, the train ride back yesterday must have really taken it out of me"

"You should take better care of yourself Hobi, you'll end up getting bags under your eyes at this rate". "I bet you haven't even eaten yet today have you?" Jin said with a look of disapproval. 

"I had a cereal bar when I woke up this morning." I shyly said scratching the back of my neck nervously which earned me a pointed look from the male in front of me before he sighed shaking his head.

"Come on, I'm sure I have some leftovers in the fridge you can have. You need to eat" he said gesturing for me to follow behind him. 

Jin often did this, he was always the first to make sure all of us were fed, sometimes even turning up unannounced at our houses holding a plate of food wrapped in foil. Most of the time it was a pleasant exchange but let's just say the others may have been in a few awkward situations when Jin decided to pay them a visit. Luckily for me, I'm yet to be on the receiving end of such situations. 

And as embarrassing as those sounded, it would have meant that I had someone to be embarrassed with. Which was really the only thing my life was missing. 

───

RE-EDITED (24/11/21)

Ok, so that was the first chapter... What did you think? It's probably a little short but I'm still unsure at how long I should make these so I'll stick to this for the time being. Hopefully, this wasn't too awful to read, its a bit of a slow start but I'm just getting feels for how I want the story to play out so bear with me. 

The next chapter should already be out when you read this so see you there hopefully...