Chapter Forty-Three

Flashing lights. So many flashing lights. Click after click another light blinding.

So many people, he was overwhelmed. Frantically scanning the swarm of people. Overwhelmed by the amount of eyes on him he felt his chest tighten and regret filled his being.

Why did he leave. He was safe. He kept him safe. He was happy. He was his happiness.

Now with endless shouts, and a bombardment of questions and flashing lights coming from the bustle of people crowding him. He wanted nothing more than to escape back to him.

"Where have you been all this time?"

"Take off the mask!"

"What are you hiding?"

"Do you have a name?"

"When did you dye your hair?"

"Have you spoken to your father recently?"

"Are you aware that you father has been missing for weeks?"

So many questions. So many people.

In sheer panic Yoongi gripped his ears trying to silence the endless shouts. Shaking his head frantically hot tears brimming up in his eyes. Too many people.

He was overwhelmed. Tears staining face. Begging for them to stop to leave him alone. His voice being lost in the wave of questions.

With hands pressed over his ears and his head pounding Yoongi dropped to the floor his body giving up. Pain ridden on his face as he lost consciousness.

───

It was all over the news, social media. Everywhere. Sat in Hoseok's apartment everyone watching with wide eyes. Hoseok pushing back years as he saw the boy he adored being hounded by a swarm of people.

The next morning the footage of the 'Mysterious Min son breakdown' being aired on every channel.

The six had been out all night searching the streets for Yoongi only now meeting back at Hoseok's apartment unsuccessful, now knowing the reason why.

Jin embraced Hoseok as the male cried seeing Yoongi suffer like this and fall to the ground unconscious. It killed him seeing him in pain.

Why did he leave? Why didn't he let him protect him?

Jin just rubbed his hand down Hoseok's back shushing him as the other watched with sad eyes.

The last thing shown on the screen before Jimin switched it off was the scene of Yoongi being carried off by a woman.

The room was silent the only sound being Hoseok's sobs muffled by the fabric of Jin's shirt.

Everyone was upset by Yoongi's disappearance them all growing to care for the boy over the weeks they'd known him. But no one felt sadness like Hoseok.

Jimin looked at Jin then down to Hoseok farrowing his brows feeling sorry for his friend.

He shuffled over on the couch looking patting Hoseok on the shoulder making the male lift his head exposing his red puffy face stained in tears.

Jimin opened his arms for him, making Hoseok jump into them and cry harder. Jin moving over to Namjoon and hugging him.

Jimin combed his hand through Hoseok's hair.

"It's alright Hobi. We'll find him. We will get him back." Jimin spoke softly not wanting to upset his friend more.

Hoseok's sobs increased hearing a familiar nickname. He had been called it way before Yoongi had come into his life but hearing now from someone other than him just hurt.