Chapter Thirty-Five

Yoongi Pov

I took a deep breath, stepping towards Ha-rin sheepishly waving and smiling. "H-Hi I'm Yoongi" I introduced cursing myself for stuttering. I still wasn't used to being around people I didn't know but I wanted to do this. If I did, I'd be one step closer from escaping the mental prison my father had put me in when I was 6.

Ha-rin just scoffed rolling her eyes and gesturing me to follow her. I wasn't sure what her problem was or why Hoseok and her didn't get on but I already felt like this was going to be a bad idea.

I was lead into a room; it was much smaller than the other one but still pretty big. When I entered the room, I spotted Jimin sat in one of the chairs and another woman who was styling his hair. I felt slightly better knowing there was at least one familiar face in the room. Despite not knowing Jimin well it helped.

There was also another guy in the room I didn't know sat in a chair by the mirror but I ignored him focusing on the rest of the room.

Ha-rin led me to a chair behind Jimin's and told me to sit down. As I turned around to sit, I was cut off by an excited scream.

"OMG! Yoongi you're here!" Jimin screeched jumping out of his chair startling his stylist so much the comb fell from her hands.

Jimin rushed over enveloping me in a hug. Jimin pulled away smiling "Sorry, I'm just excited to see you again." Jimin sheepishly added.

"It's ok." I replied nervously.

"I was excited when Hoseok told me you agreed to be in this shoot."

I nervously scratched the back of my ear. "Yes, I'm not sure how well I'll do I'm not exactly a model" I said gesturing to myself.

"Oh, shut up, you'll do amazing. I bet you're a natural." Jimin defended.

I was about to respond when I heard someone coughing behind me. Jimin and I turned to see where it came from. I saw how Jimin's eyes narrowed slightly and he scoffed.

"What do you want Ha-rin?" Jimin said rolling his eyes obvious distaste in his voice.

"Are you done talking, I've gotta do his hair and makeup. And god knows how long that's going to take." She seethed emphasising the 'god' and rolling her eyes.

I turned away and looked down trying to hide my face when I felt a wave of anxiety wash over me. My insecurities breaking through threatening to bring tears to my eyes. I attempted to blink them away barely managing to keep them at bay.

My hands were shaking slightly, never before have I wanted to wear my mask so much. It was like all the progress Hoseok had made with me just went down the drain. Was I really that bad looking? Maybe this was a mistake and I should have never taken off my mask in the first place. It would have saved me from the pain of realising just how disgusting I really am.

I controlled my breathing and raised my head looking over at Ha-rin. She just looked at me blankly rolling her eyes when Jimin stepped forward.

"Why are you such a bitch!" Jimin defended readying himself for a full-on bitch fight. I took a deep breath.

"Jimin it's alright" I said resting a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to look at me gesturing with his eyebrows asking me if I was alright. I just nodded.

Jimin took a breath before turning around to Ha-rin and scoffing making his way back to his seat to finish getting his hair done. I also sat down, Ha-rin tutting before starting with my hair.

───

After around 35 minutes Ha-rin finished up before walking out leaving me in the room with Jimin and the other guy who was now accompanied by a stylist too.

Jimin had finished getting ready around 15 minutes ago but decided to wait for me to finish. He was sat on the couch on his phone. I turned in my hair getting up and walking over to the couch opposite Jimin and sitting down.

Jimin looked up smiling.

"You look nice." Jimin started.

"Thanks"

"I'm sorry about Ha-rin earlier, we all hate her she's like the resident bitch around here."

"It's alright."

"She wasn't exactly wrong." I mumbled under my breath quietly enough for Jimin to not hear me.

"I don't think she likes me very much" I added.

"Don't take it personally, she's probably just salty because you turned up with Hoseok."

"She's been after him since we first hired her a year ago. Don't worry though Hoseok had turned her down more times than I can count." "She is crazy."

I chuckled at the last part, Jimin actually made me feel slightly better about the situation. Still not as effective as Hoseok though.

Jimin started talking but I looked over at the other guy in the room, the stylist was applying dye to his hair. I looked at what she was doing intently not hearing Jimin calling for me.

I snapped out of my gaze when I felt Jimin slap me over the shoulder. I turned around to see Jimin looking at me. "Sorry" I muttered.

"What were you looking at?" He asked looking over in the direction I was looking. He looked confused.

"What had you so distracted?" Jimin continued.

"His hair... I've-"

"I've always wanted to dye my hair but I was never allo-"

"But I never got round to it." I cursed myself for almost revealing that, hoping that Jimin hadn't noticed I looked at him.

"O-oh really! What colour would you want to go?" Jimin asked excitedly leaning forward in his seat.

"Something drastic, maybe blonde. Something completely different to my hair now."

"You'd look so good as a blonde!" Jimin jumped in his seat smiling.

I looked down shyly.

"Do you want to get it done?"

"Wait really?" I asked surprised by Jimin's sudden words.

"Ye, obviously not now but I'd happily take you to get it done later on if you wanted. I know a place."

I thought about it. If I dyed my hair, I could finally do something I've always wanted to do. I would also be finally getting rid of any ties to my father. Jimin seemed really nice too, he was Hoseok's friends so I feel like I could trust him. I actually felt really comfortable around him. Not as much as with Hoseok but he was nice to be around maybe a bit loud but still nice.

"Ok ye I'd like that."

"Yay! ok it's settled after the shoot I'm dragging you to the salon to get it done, my treat."

"What about Hoseok? I can't just leave without him."

"Don't worry about Hoseok. I'll sort it. he'll forget about it as soon as he sees you blonde. It'll be a surprise."

"Ok, if, you're sure."

"Omg I'm so excited! Hoseok is going to love it!"

───