Chapter Forty-Four

Yoongi woke up his head pounding. Sitting up his hand rested on his head he looked around furrowing his brows in confusion.

He had no idea where he was, the room didn't looks at all familiar.

He looked around the room. It was a little old-fashioned bit simple and had sort of a homey vibe to it.

Rubbing his hand over his face wiping the remaining sleep from his eyes. His eyes shot open going wide.

His mask was gone... his head shot up scanning the room for his missing mask starting to panic.

He had no idea where he was, how he got here and who had brought him here.

Having no luck, he stood up from the bed almost falling backwards from dizziness before balancing himself.

Quietly walking over to the door, he twisted the handle peeking through the small crack in the door looking for any hint at where he was or if anyone was around.

Not seeing anything he pulled the door open and looking around. He walked into the centre of the room. The room was pretty small. Not much light and had old textured wallpaper on the walls painting in a creamy white colour a few pictures hanging on the wall.

His eyes landed in one picture in particular. Slowly making his way over to the wall to get a better look at the image.

"Oh, you're up!"

Yoongi jumped, startled turning around quickly eyes wide from fright.

Stood in the centre of the room was a woman probably slightly older than him. She had a warm smile on her face, short medium length hair and was dressed in a striped t-shirt and a pair of black jeans.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." She spoke again. Yoongi just frozen on the spot.

"W-who are you?" Yoongi spoke up wondering who this woman was and why he was here in what he assumed her house.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself my names Jan-di. Bai Jan-di. But you can call me Noona." She said in a cheerful tone smiling at Yoongi.

"Where am I?" Yoongi asked wanting answers. So far, she seemed friendly by he wasn't about to trust her that quickly.

"Oh right. You're in Daegu."

"Daegu!!, no no you have to be joking?!" Yoongi panicked. Why the hell was he in Daegu?

"Hey hey calm down. Don't worry I'll take you back to Seoul if you want, but I'd like to talk to you first."

"Talk to me, about what?"

"Come on let's take a seat and I'll explain."

Yoongi nodded, cautiously walking into the next room, and sitting down a fair distance from the woman not wanting to get caught out. After all he didn't know her.

"As you know my name is Bai Jan-di. My mother is Bai Di-Seong her sister."

Yoongi looked at her confused, why was she telling me her family tree. He just wanted to get out of here.

"I know you're confused but let me explain." She said looking at Yoongi.

"My mother had a sister; her name was Bai A-Yeong also known as Min A-Yeong. Your mother."

Yoongi's lips parted. Surprised by what the woman was saying. His mother. He had never heard anything about her all he knew was she died giving birth to him. His father had never told him anything about her.

"M-my mother?"

The woman hummed, nodding.

"Yes, you look just like her you know." She said smiling fondly.

"But wait, wouldn't that make you, my cousin?"

"It would."

"How I'd this possible, I didn't think I had any other family apart from my father."

"When your mother died, my mother and grandmother tried to get in contact with your father but he would dodge all our calls."

"All we knew was she died giving birth. To you."

"We had to find out through the news that you were a boy. But your name was never publicly announced."

"We've always kept tabs on you through the news reports but we could never get in contact because of your father."

"So why now?" Yoongi asked.

"We noticed your lack of appearances on the news and online. We thought something happened to you." She said sadly.

"But when we came across that picture on J-hope's Instagram page we recognised that face anywhere, like I said you are an exact replica of your mother."

Yoongi looked down his face falling at the mention of Hoseok. He missed him, he probably hated him by now. He wished he had never left but if he hadn't, he wouldn't have Jan-di and found out about his family.

"Can I ask... what did she name you. Your mother I mean. " the woman asked desperate to finally find out the name of her long-lost cousin.

"My mother named me?" Yoongi asked surprised.

The woman hummed "She did, your father announced it after your birth but didn't say what she actually named-"

"Yoongi." He cut her off smiling shyly at her.

"My name is Min Yoongi."

The woman smiled widely. Tears welling up in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Yoongi asked looking at the woman suddenly feeling the urge to hug her but withheld.

"That-that was our grandfather's name. I'm so happy to finally meet you and put a name to the face."

Jan-di sniffled wiping her eyes. "Would it be inappropriate to ask for a hug?" She spoke looking at Yoongi through teary eyes.

Yoongi shook his head shuffling over on the couch. Jan-di wrapping her arms around him tears streaming down her face.

They stayed like that for a few moments before pulling away. She wiped her eyes composing herself.

"Y-yoongi, I have something else to tell you." She looked down sadly once again.

"What is it?"

"When I told you about finding the photo of you on Instagram. I left out something."

"When your mother died and we lost contact with your father and you. Our Grandmother she took it hard. Not only did she loose her daughter but she lost her grandchild. She fell into depression."

"She locked herself away. And would just sit indoor staring out the window. She was pretty much catatonic. She was like it for years. Drowning in her own grief."

"That was until 2 days ago when I showed her your picture. She spoke for the first time in years. I saw her cry after years of bottling it up."

"Yoongi, you reminded her of your mother so much, you helped her. You brought her hope."

"It would mean the world to us all if you would meet her. We just want our halmeoni back."

Yoongi looked at her taken back by her words. Still trying to wrap his head around that he had a whole family who cared about him. Who wanted him. He had a grandmother and he had the chance to meet them.

Yoongi looked back to Jan-di. He nodded smiling. "I'd live to meet her. And everyone else."

Jan-do smiled jumping up and embracing Yoongi in a crushing hug.

"Thank you so much. You don't know what it means to us to have you with us finally. I'm so happy I found you."

"I'm happy too Noona". Yoongi smiled holding back happy tears. He had a family a real family! He was ecstatic.

───

Congrats to @1Yugen1 your theory was correct! Well, you got one part right.

What did you guys think of this chapter?