23. HIS ROOM IS MESSIER THAN LARA JEAN'S

E L L A

E L L A

"I made out with Ryan last night" I finally confessed. Because honesty is the best policy right? Or did I screwed up? I don't know, because sooner or later it would be out, not to Grams but to Leo, Dad, and Veronica. I can't keep things from them, I never did.

I didn't have enough courage to look up into her eyes or anyone's. I have no idea how she will react. I kept my eyes glued on my empty plate. Silence dominated the whole kitchen, I could even hear the voices coming from outside of the kitchen. Silence is not good, shortly I started to regret my decision.

"Look into my eyes and repeat you did you just say" Grams said in a monotone. She didn't say, she ordered me. My breath became heavy and I slowly lifted my head and looked at her not-so-happy face. Her face and voice hinted to me that I fucked up. All I could see was anger and rage dominating her face. I gulped, nothing came out of my mouth I was already shivering, my legs were shaking, my palms became sweaty.

"What did you say, Ella?" She repeated with the same monotone and with the same anger. Once again I found myself incommunicative. Cat got my tongue. And the cat is not giving it back.

"ELLA STAR MCKNIGHT WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY?" She slammed her palm on the wooden table causing everyone to flinch.

"ELLA" I heard my name but I found myself paralyzed.

"ELLA" I heard my name once again but all I could see was my Grams' wrath.
I found myself being shaken by someone.

"ELLA" I abruptly turned my head towards Ryan. As he yelled my name in my damn ears.

"What?" I asked him while rubbing my ears, I noticed a concerned look on his face.

"What kind of zoning out was that?" Zoning out? My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. Oh, my subconscious you just zoned me out! How could you? I legit had my worst daymare ever. I cussed my subconscious but then I thought was it really my subconscious's fault?
Thank God it was just a daymare.

I exhaled while shaking my head.

"Ella? Are you sure you are- wait is that a hickey?" Oh my fucking God! I quickly covered my already covered neck with my palms. How did she even see it?

"Jesus, you used a turtle neck hoodie to hide your love bites from me, young lady?" Grams laughed and teased me. My face turned red in embarrassment. I wanted to smack Ryan's head so bad but I somehow managed to control my emotions. I gave Ryan a death glare but that piece of shit returned a smirk making my blood boil.

"So who gave you that huh?" Grams smirked, your dearest grandson gave me these fucking marks, and oh! He gave me his hoodie too, so I can hide my hickies but hey, you noticed them. Kudos to your sight grams.

"Granny let her rest, she doesn't look so good" Ryan interrupted grams and defended me. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

"Did Stefano gave you those love bites?" She raised a brow with a permanent smirk plastered on her face and simply ignored Rayn. Lol, Ryan she just ignored you! I heard a scoff and scorn coming from Ryan's side. I cringed, Stefano is my close friend.