BONUS; HOMECOMING.

BONUS CHAPTER - 1H O M E C O M I N G

BONUS CHAPTER - 1
H O M E C O M I N G

R Y A N

"Lord! As much as I'm enjoying your plan, these worms are creeping me out," I spoke quietly to Leo, who was, like me cautiously and silently approaching Ella's room with a bucket full of earthworms at 4 a.m.

He smirked mischievously and said, "Tell me about it, but just focus on Ella's reaction, it's been decades since I've pranked her." Leo woke me up at 2 a.m. and told me we were going to prank Ella; he didn't even ask for my consent before dragging me along. He was planning on spreading two buckets full of earthworms on Ella's room floor. And this proved that the McKnight twins were no different. They both were a mischievous and massive pain in the arse.

"I'm still not sure if we should do it," I expressed my scepticism. I was concerned about how she would respond, whether she would strike me with the bucket or force me to eat the worms.

"I'm sure she'll freak out, and that'll be so much fun." He whispered with excitement. I sighed as I looked at my bucket; a few earthworms were crawling out of it, and it looked awful.

When I heard a click, I looked up and noticed Leo opening Ella's room door. We carefully walked in, we glanced at Ella, and my breath hitched. She was whimpering while sleeping. I left the bucked on the floor and her rushed to her, I heard Leo curse under his breath.

Ella's face was drenched in sweat and she was inhaling deeply. without wasting a second, Leo and I sat on her bed and began to shook her to wake her up, but she didn't wake up and instead became more immersed in her nightmare. Leo tried calling her name but it didn't work. I called out her name with everything I had left in me and finally managed to wake her up.

As  soon as she opened her eyes, She stood upright on the bed, panting profusely, while I cradled her in my arms and asked, "Baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just another nightmare",  she replied, and I didn't feel like questioning her since I didn't want her to remember the incident anymore. At that moment I find myself guilty because it was my fault that she was having nightmares. Ever since my accident she had been going through a hard patch. She was getting nightmares frequently, she couldn't focus on her classes and it was all my fault, I wish I could take her pain away.

"Here," Leo said worriedly, passing a glass of water to Ella. I stroked her hair while she drank the water.

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" She asked, uh- I looked at Leo, who was scratching his head and thinking for a reply.

"We were just passing by" he replied. "By the way, are you alright?" He added, placing his hand on Ella's cheek, she nodded her head in 'yes' as a reply. 

She then looked at the clock and said "it's 4 am"

"So What? Thank God, we were here or you still would have been suffering" Leo dramatically gasped and replied making Ella roll her eyes on him. Leo quickly gave me a gesture to distract her so he could handle the buckets and worms. The only way of distracting Ella was, to kiss her but I was not going to kiss her in front of her twin brother.