6.

Heejae moved along the beat, her hips swaying in time with the music playing in the background. She loved dancing, music and everything that came in between. She also loved to make food along the beat. She believed, it turned food tastier.

She wasn't doing much effort tonight for the dinner. Well, that's what she told herself when in reality she had prepared five different sides and chicken with spicy curry. Her rice was cooked too and still, she wondered if it'd be enough for the two of them. Men eat a lot afterall.

She really didn't know what Yoongi liked. Before today, she hadn't felt the need but the impromptu dinner was making her go crazy. Why did she even ask in the first place?

However, she had to keep her cool Image intact. So, she shrugged her uncertainty away. If he liked it, he'll eat or starve. She didn't care either way.

At exactly eight o'clock, her doorbell rang. She couldn't help the smile that stretched over her lips, or the little bounce in her step as she made it to the door.

"You need to start using an electric keypad lock," was the first thing that left his mouth as Heejae opened the door. She rolled her eyes, taking in his simple attire consisting of a white shirt and black skinny jeans. He removed his black mask, putting it in his pocket as he ruffled his now black hair falling over his eyes.

"You know I have bad history with those kinds of locks," she said, walking infront him, feeling under-dressed suddenly in her shorts and tank top. This was supposed to be a casual dinner after all.

"I can't risk another crazy fan breaking into my apartment just because I stood too close to her oppar," she continued on, entering her kitchen and turning off the stove.

"I know that," Yoongi said, coming to stand behind her as she cut some greens for toppings. He hugged her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Technology has become quite advanced these days, Heejae-ah. You could get a fingerprint lockpad."

"I'm paranoid and on my period. You really shouldn't argue with me right now, Yoongi." That made him burst out laughing. "You are impossible, Jae."

"So are you. Now get those plates from the cabinet and help me," she said, watching him comply obediently with a small smile.

"When did you change your hair colour?" Heejae asked, brushing some strands of his hair that continued falling in his eyes again and again.

He took a minute to answer, watching her closely and finishing the morsel of food in his mouth. "I went to the salon before coming here." Heejae hummed at his answer, stuffing her mouth with food.

"What about you?" Yoongi asked this time, taking a lock of her platinum blonde hair in his fingers. "The roots are starting to show. Aren't you going to touch them up?"

That made Heejae pout. "I want to but my mother has been asking me to visit her. She doesn't like coloured hair," she said, putting a piece of fermented radish on Yoongi's spoon filled with rice. "Anyways, we are having dinner because you wanted to talk. Did you guys make up?"

Yoongi sighed, taking the bite of his food, thinking. No one had apologized yet but they weren't exactly silent either. It was impossible for them to not talk to each other.

"I'm not sure. We didn't speak about that topic since then."

"And the members know you are here, with me, right now?" Heejae asked, quickly finishing with her food.

"I didn't tell them but they'll figure it out themselves." Heejae nodded in understanding.

"What about you? Are you comfortable with your teammates knowing?" Heejae asked, resting her chin on her hand and looking at the man beside her.

"They weren't supposed to know and we were supposed to be done with each other too, but it's fine. As long as they don't poke their noses in our lives and don't ask me to make our arrangement official, I'm fine with them knowing. What about you?" Yoongi finished, wiping off his mouth and draining the glass of water.

Heejae shrugged, feeling a little weird after what he said. "I guess, I'm okay till they don't know who you are meeting up with."

Yoongi nodded, picking up their dishes and placing them in the sink. "I'll wash up," he said, starting the tap in the sink. "You don't have to, Yoongi. We are not a couple and you are not obliged to do this."

Yoongi paused at that, his hand frozen in mid-air as he looked at Heejae cleaning the table. She was right. He didn't have to do this. He didn't even have to have dinner with her, especially when they won't be sleeping together till the next week.

"I'm just thanking you for the wonderful dinner by washing the dishes," he said instead, picking up a plate to wash but Heejae's hand stopped him with a firm grip on his wrist. He looked down at the smiling woman, the sight foreign as she smiled genuinely so rarely.

"Leave it, Yoongi-ah. I'm serious. We still have dessert to eat," she said, with an even bigger smile, her eyes gleaming. "It's something chocolatey, isn't it?" Yoongi asked, wiping his hands dry.

Heejae chuckled, pulling out two plates from the refrigerator. On them were two really big pieces of chocolate cake. "Of course, it's chocolatey. Gotta calm the hormones."

Yoongi laughed, as he followed Heejae out of the kitchen and into the drawing room, where a movie was about to start. "I will never understand the logic of eating chocolate while on periods."

"Understandable," Heejae replied, moaning around a mouthful of the chocolate confectionery. "You have to be a girl to know how helpful it is. Now, stop talking. I want to watch this movie."

Yoongi could only smile looking at Heejae devouring her cake with her big eyes fixed on the tv screen. He really just wanted to put the cake down and kiss the hell out of her. But he'd have to wait a little for that to happen. For now, he settled on eating the delicious cake and later teasing her when her hands finally let go of the empty plate.

In the back of his mind, he knew this was dangerous. Having dinner, laughing together, watching movies but there was no one to stop them nor warn them about the future.

~~~~
A/N:

This turned out cute. What am I doing? It's supposed to be filled with laboured breathing. That sounds bad.

Anyways,
I hope you like this chapter and
Thank you for reading!❤️✨