27.

"Fuck!" Heejae groaned loudly, heaving over the toilet. The acidic bile brought tears to her eyes, her chest burning with no oxygen as she continued to empty the contents in her stomach or the lack of anything.

"Why me, God? Why me?" she cried, flushing the toilet for the...she didn't know how many times she had vomited that morning. Going over to the basin, she wasted no time washing her hands and face, moving to brush her teeth to get rid of the disgusting taste of vomit.

She couldn't believe this was actually happening with her. She wasn't supposed to experience symptoms like nausea and light headedness so early. At least, that's what she was trying to tell herself. Even after meeting Yoongi's parents, she still couldn't believe she was pregnant.

Pursing her lips, she put a hand on her flat belly. She felt absolutely no change in the size where her baby was supposed to be growing. The doctor had told her she might not be able to see the bump till the fifth month.

She had been shocked back then, when she visited the gynaecologist. She had waited a good two weeks after realising her periods were late and two weeks of trying to deny what she knew was true. This wasn't part of her well laid plan for her life but it happened.

She wasn't complaining though. The straight line of her lips changed into a soft smile as she continued to caress her belly, as if caressing her child. Her child.

She chuckled at the thought. It was strange to know she, the Park Heejae, the formidable woman who had successfully established a production house was actually willing to take care of a small life like this. She had never ever seen herself as the mother type of person. Her mother hadn't been the best mother to her, pressuring her to follow her footsteps when she clearly didn't want that.

She hadn't ever considered herself to ever become a mother because she was scared. Scared that she'd turn out like her mother and her child would hate her. She wasn't that different from her mother; they had the same passion for their work, same dedication, same anger. She was clearly her mother's daughter but she could always change. She had done it once before.

"I won't turn out like my mom, baby. I promise. You will be free to do whatever you wish to do and I will love you for who you choose to become." She lifted her hand up, kissing the tips of her fingers and pressing them to her belly. She couldn't help but giggle, shaking her head at her actions. Who would have thought she would act like this after finding out about becoming a mother?

"Breakfast is ready," a male voice said, his head popping inside the bathroom. "This time, only juice and toast. I threw out the eggs." Eggs. Right. The reason for her misery.

She smiled at the man who had stubbornly moved in with her to take care of her as if she was dying. "Thank you, Yoongi." And she really was. She would probably never eat if it wasn't for him cooking and messaging her constantly, reminding her to eat on time.

Yoongi gave her a small smile, not meeting her eyes as she moved past him and into her dinning room. She felt something cool pressing on her neck, making her shiver as she sat down in her chair. She looked back at Yoongi questioningly as he pressed the ice pack to her neck.

"I called my mom and she said pressing something cool to the back of your neck can help you feel a little less nauseous. Do you think it's working?" he asked, clearly nervous and a little tired. He had moved in right after the day they met his parents and her apartment was pretty far from his workplace. He was stressing way too much.

"I'm okay, Yoongi. Really. So just sit down and eat your breakfast. You look like you need a nap." He only grumbled something in return, sitting down beside her and digging into his food. Heejae could only shake her head at his behaviour. He was too stubborn.

She was sceptical about him moving in but he was stubborn as usual. He had said he wanted to be a part of their lives afterall. And though she didn't want him in her space, she had to agree begrudgingly. It was dangerous to have him here. The building she lived in had good security and privacy but you can never tell when it came to famous idols like Suga. But his management team had assured her that they'd take extreme care, so that his presence didn't jeopardize her safety and she knew Yoongi wouldn't put her in danger knowingly either. He just wanted to be part of this whole process and she didn't blame him.

It wasn't so bad living with him though, a trip down memory lane but it really wasn't that bad. He was a little messy at times, not cleaning up after himself but a stern reminder with her best glare on, he dragged himself to clean up. It was the least he could do after barging in her home like this. It was hard when the night came though. The memories they had in this apartment were all made in the dark of the night.

Silent steps, no words exchanged as they had let their bodies take over.

She could see it in his eyes everytime she told him goodnight that he remembered it all and it affected him just as much as it affected her. But an invisible line was already drawn between them, a line none of them were brave enough to cross. Nor was it wise to cross it. They didn't need to fall back to their old habits. At least, that's what Heejae told her betraying heart, to lessen the pain.

"You need to know a few things before meeting my family, Yoongi," she said, remembering the significance of the day. They were finally given the green light by her mother to visit her.

Yoongi looked at her, patiently waiting for her to elaborate. "My dad is a good person. He won't give you a hard time. My brother might threaten to kill you but he is a nice guy too and will let you go easy. My mom, however..." she trailed off, not knowing how to tell him without telling him just how broken their family was.

She felt Yoongi grabbing her hand, silently supporting her and she sighed. What was the point of hiding when she was sure he would know everything himself?

"She is a difficult woman. She has had to fight for many years in a male dominated industry alone for what is rightfully hers. It made her tough and cold and twisted to the point of no return. She can be very cruel with her words and she'd do her best to scare you away, to stop us from doing what we want. She is already angry with me for not taking my place as the heir and she has been trying to marry me off to a man of her liking—"

"Hyunwoo?" Yoongi asked, interrupting her. His grip on her hand was unusually tight and she winced making him loosen it a little. "Yes, Hyunwoo," she continued, "She will be furious seeing you and might say very hurtful things. I'm used to all that by now but I just wanted to warn you and tell you to not take any of her words to your heart. Her words shouldn't mean anything for us."

Yoongi smiled at her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, the intimate action making Heejae blush. "Don't worry about me. I have heard worse things even when I was just a normal guy trying to achieve my dreams. It has made me immune to it all. It really doesn't affect me but it will affect you, I know that. Hateful words by your loved ones hurt the most and she is your mother. Will you be okay?"

No, she won't be okay but she smiled and leaned more into his touch. "I will be and even if won't be, you'll be there with me. Right?" This time he grinned, showing his adorable gummy smile.

"Right, I will be there with you."