32.

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️
Some of the following scenes can be triggering. Please read with caution and if you can't handle gorry stuff, kindly skip the part after the first asterisk divider.

———

Yoongi was biting his nails, the damned habit of  his whenever he got anxious. But it was justified as of now as seven people sat in a circle on the floor, the red envelope in the middle. 

“I’ll open it,” Jungkook declared with a visible movement of his Adam's apple. He was just as nervous, but the only courageous enough. He snatched the envelope and quickly tore it. The members sat with bated breath as the youngest looked everyone in the eye before flipping the envelope over.  

Yoongi’s breath whooshed out of him, the last of it getting stuck when his eyes fell on the content. There seemed to be cards in it. No, not cards. Photographs. Only the topmost was a card. 

He didn't waste any time picking it up and reading the typed letters. "Found you,” he read in that low voice of his which was now laced with confusion and fear. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means that this person has found where you live, Yoongi,” Seokjin said, looking up from his inspection of the photographs. “You need to warn Heejae right now and shift somewhere else,” Namjoon said, his fingers moving swiftly over his phone screen, probably notifying their manager.

Shit, this is getting worse, Yoongi thought as he looked at the four photos laid down before him. The first one was probably taken in the parking lot, the picture was grainy but he could make out both his and Heejae’s silhouettes. The second one was of the apartment door with the nameplate on it. The third one was of Heejae entering the apartment with him and in the fourth one, she was entering the house by herself.

“Don't worry too much, hyung. We’ll make sure she stays safe,” Jimin said, rubbing a hand down his back as he continued to frown at the photos. “Yeah, hyung. We can have her move into our dorm. One of us can share the room,” Hoseok piped in with a tight smile. Yoongi could manage a faint smile at his bandmates as his eyes fell back on the photos.

“Something’s strange, isn't it?” Taehyung said suddenly, making Yoongi and the others look at him. The man was rubbing his jaw as he looked at the photos thoughtfully. “Was this envelope meant for Yoongi hyung or Park PD?” he questioned, looking up. “If this was for Yoongi hyung, all the pictures should include him but he’s only in two out of four and his face is not clear in them at all.”

“You mean to say it's not a stalker fan?” Jungkook asked with wide eyes to which Taehyung could only shrug. “It’s not the time to make up theories, guys,” Namjoon said, returning from his call. “I talked to the manager and he said he’ll make arrangements to have Heejae move out as soon as possible. Security will be arranged too. We just need to break the news to Heejae and send this for analysis.”

The members all nodded soberly. They had been anticipating getting exposed by the paparazzi all this time, they took enough preventive measures but they had never anticipated a stalker though they had enough of those. This was beyond messed up. 

Yoongi had just picked up his phone to call Heejae to talk when their manager suddenly burst into the practice room. He was out of breath by the time he reached the circle, his sweat clear as he kneeled down beside Seokjin. “Park Heejae...” he wheezed, “...the police… we need to go to the police station.”         

***

Heejae kept running a hand through her hair. For some reason, she hadn't been feeling well since morning. She wasn't nauseous, just an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. When she told Anika, she had laughed it off by saying it was the most common disease in India. A disease that was nothing but a product of a stressed brain and there was no cure. You just have to bear with it.

Heejae couldn't though. 

She chose to sip on a strawberry milkshake with lots of sugar in it, thinking maybe it was just her unstable blood pressure. But it didn't help much because the morning kept popping up in her head. More specifically Yoongi’s behavior this morning. He had been extra jittery last night and seeing his dark circles, she was sure he hadn't slept a wink. The breakfast was an unusually fast event. He had left the house with no word at all, even when she had bid him a good day.    

She had figured he might have an early meeting or was working on a new song. But the uneasy feeling didn't lessen as the day progressed. Before lunchtime rolled in, she decided to check up on her father; ask if he was alright. 

She had just picked up her phone when she heard a knock on her office door. “Come in,” she let out, putting down her phone. 

“I hope I’m not disturbing you,” Hana said with a guilty smile as she let herself in. Heejae’s eyes fell on a big box she held in her hands but didn't say anything as she shook her head. “No, you didn’t. What is it?” 

Hana’s eyes widened as if she just realized she came into her office for a reason. She lifted the red box in her hands, looking down at it thoughtfully. “It’s just that, a person came up to me when I went out to buy coffee and gave me this, telling me to deliver it to you. Since it’s wrapped so prettily, I thought I should give it to you myself instead of giving it to your assistant.”   

“Oh,” Heejae let out, surprised as she gave her a faint smile. “That’s really thoughtful of you, Hana. Who was this person though?” she asked, taking the box from the other woman’s hands. Looking at the box, she had to agree it was decorated very nicely with a red satin bow a shade darker than the red box. 

“It was a guy, I guess. He was tall but he had a helmet on, so I didn't see his face.” Heejae mindlessly nodded as she lifted the lid of the box, wanting to see what was in it and who had sent it. 

Her smile fell when she opened the box though. Her eyes widened in shock, her brain unable to process what she was seeing or rather refused to believe what she was seeing. She fell back on her chair, her legs giving up on her after seeing the ghastly thing inside the box. With a shaking hand, she picked up a glass and brought it to her lips but it never made it there. 

The glass shattered when it fell on the floor, the water splashing everywhere as Hana's screams echoed in her ears. She had no idea what was going on, her eyes fixed on the thing in the box.

 Thing? No, it was a bunny. A real bunny covered in blood and dressed in clothes that looked like baby clothes. A note was stuck on it, held by a golden pin and it read, ‘I know what you hide.’ 

She felt the bile rise, her heartbeat increasing as fear set in. Shaking uncontrollably, she got up and moved out and towards the bathrooms. The moment she was there, she was emptying the contents in her stomach, not out of the morning sickness but out of disgust and dread. Tears ran down her face unbeknownst to her, her hand instinctively going to rub her belly, knowing well what that box implied and she couldn't help but feel the panic rise. 

Amid her contemplation, she felt a soothing hand on her back followed by a voice that had been a source of comfort and security for years. "It's okay. Everything is going to be okay," Anika said, pulling Heejae on her feet to help her clean up. "I've called the police. They will be here in no time and make it alright, okay?" 

Heejae could only nod as she let Anika help her get a grip on herself as outrage soon set in at the threat she received. She wouldn't forgive whoever did this, nor would she cower back because she knew that was the intention. This person who dared go against her like this, didn't know who they were dealing with. 

~~~~
A/N:

You didn't think I would turn Heejae into a crying mess of damsel in distress, did you? I do hope you didn't because that's not who she is. She might fall and cry but she'd always get back on her feet.

Hope you liked this chapter.

Thank you for reading 💜💜