22.

Heejae woke up with a start. She didn't know what exactly woke her up, but as soon as she did, she felt a sharp pain coursing through her skull. It went like a lightning bold, from the left side of her head to the right. She groaned in pain, clutching her head as if keeping it from cracking open.

She rolled over her side, bringing her knees to her chest as if that would lessen the pain. Her movements, however, made her realise the sheets under and over her were extremely soft and silky to feel. She felt them all over her naked skin.

She gasped, opening her eyes but closing them soon as another wave of skull cracking pain coursed through. Heejae decided to take a breath and just focus on feeling. She took a deep breath, noticing how the sheets didn't smell like her own. Infact they had a distinctive scent to it, a fabric softener she never used. She wasn't in her own bed.

She opened her eyes again, this time slowly. There was no light in the room thankfully. Whatever light managed to seep through the curtains was dim and it didn't hurt her. Slowly starting to get up, she ran her tongue over her lips, realising she wasn't as dehydrated as she was supposed to be after drinking so much. Had someone made her drink water?

Looking around, she saw a simple but big room, coloured in soft shades of grey. The bed was big and oh so comfortable. She could imagine falling asleep in the white sheets anytime soon but she managed to stay awake, knowing this wasn't her home. She wasn't even sure if she was in someone's house or a hotel room.

Thinking it was safe enough to get up and walk after a while, she got off the bed, making her way to a chair in the corner where her clothes were kept. She winced when she felt pain again but this time, it wasn't her head, the pain came from her nether regions.

Her eyes widened as the night before flashed infront of her eyes. But the flash went away too soon and she didn't get a chance to understand what exactly happened. She must've been really drunk to not remember anything and when stuff like this happened, nothing good came out of it.

Keeping the rising panic at bay, she got dressed, cursing and wondering how she got into them the first time. They were too tight on her curvy body. Damn Anika for having a small chest!

She made good use of the ensuite bathroom, brushing her teeth and taming her wildly tangled hair. By the time she was freshened enough, she felt better. She just wished she had the luxury to shower but right now, she needed to find a way to get out of this place. She just hoped she hadn't hooked up with the wrong kind of person and got locked away far from her home.

Think positive, Heejae. Think positive.

Licking her dry lips again, Heejae opened the bedroom door and ventured outside into what she would call a fine piece of architectural design in the world of apartments. It was an apartment, she knew by the way how it was designed. Spacious and with huge windows that let in lots of natural sunlight. The open plan of the house made it easy to look everywhere, from the front door to the balcony. From living room to the modular kitchen.

Her eyes widened for the second time since she woke up when she saw the man standing in the kitchen. He wasn't only standing, he was also cooking something. The man turned around, as if he could feel her stunned gaze on him and gave her a thin smile.

"Morning! You hungry?" She didn't answer him. She couldn't. Her words were stuck in her throat, a vague memory of a man dancing with her playing in her brain.

"Do you miss me?"

"I can't stop thinking about you."

"I need you."

Heejae shook her head, the contorted voices making no sense in her mind. She knew she'd get flashes all day long but won't be able to know the full thing. She would just ask Yoongi himself.