11.

Sehee sipped on her cold coffee, a devilish smirk making its way to her lips as she watched Yoongi talking to his brother on phone. She really was determined to prove her boyfriend wrong and get her prize for winning their bet. Seokjin had refused to believe that Heejae was Yoongi's secret lover without any proof.

Time to collect proof.

"How is your family doing?" Sehee asked as soon as Yoongi got off the phone and plopped down on the other end of the sofa she was sitting on. He sighed, running a hand through his hair and down his face.

"They are all good," he said. "Mom is her usual savage self and my dad and brother are suffering." Sehee laughed watching his worn out expressions. "Gosh, you are tired just by hearing your brother complain, aren't you?"

He cracked a small smile as he looked at her. "Not really. I'm just missing them." The two friends shared an understanding glance, both aware of how important a family was in different ways.

"Anyways," Yoongi cut the solemn air at the mention of parents with his own mischievous smile. "You look tired. Was last night really that good?"

Sehee couldn't help but blush, lightly kicking her friend, making him chuckle. "Shut up, Yoongi! It was better than your night anyway. I heard you didn't go to Heejae's house last night."

"Yeah, she said she was tired. I could've given her a massage but we know where that leads to and it would have been selfish on my part. So, I stayed in the dorm."

"Ah, I see. So, you really are seeing Heejae. I won my bet!" At Sehee's excited squeal, Yoongi's eyes widened impossibly, finally realising that he just spilled up everything.

He immediately looked at Sehee pleadingly. "Sehee, please don't tell anyone else." The woman frowned, looking around carefully to see if any of the boys were around. But thankfully, everyone was busy with their own work and even Seokjin and Hoseok in kitchen weren't paying attention to the duo.

"Why not? Heejae doesn't want others to know?" Sehee asked, moving closer to the man and keeping her voice down. Yoongi grimaced. "It's not that. We aren't in a relationship like you and Jin hyung share."

"I know that and even though Seokjin found it a little weird, I don't see anything wrong in it. You shouldn't hide it from your friends atleast," she said, clasping his shoulder comfortingly.

"Thank you, Sehee. I really appreciate your words but not everyone thinks like you do. We are colleagues and if things go down badly, it would get awkward for everyone to be around Heejae. I don't want people to look down at her, which they surely will." He sighed again, thinking about how it'd get so hard for Heejae if things got bad. She didn't deserve to go through that, no matter what.

Sehee nodded in understanding, her curiosity not dampening at all. "Can I ask you something?" she asked, Yoongi quickly nodding. "Why don't you guys make it official? Like, date for real if you've been seeing each for long."

"I don't think that would turn out great. She's not my type," he said, shrugging it off. Sehee was taken aback by his reply. "So, you mean, she's not your type but you are still seeing her? I don't think I understand you here, Yoongi."

"It means that we keep emotions out of our relationship. It's purely satisfying our baser needs."

"Yes, I understood that part," she countered, "but why isn't she your type if you are so attracted to her? What is your ideal type?"

He took a moment to collect his thoughts, thinking about what he wants in his partner. "I want someone who understands me, understands my passion for music. I want someone who is calm, understanding, supportive, uncomplicated and most importantly not too demanding."

"Well, that's really a good ideal type but I don't think you'll find a woman like that in the whole world. Women are dramatic and demanding, you can't change that. But I do think Heejae matches your ideal type quite well from what I observed yesterday."

Yoongi chuckled. "Oh, believe me. Heejae is not even close to my ideal type. Sure she's beautiful, intelligent and damn hard working but she isn't calm and uncomplicated by any means. She's loud and bossy. She doesn't listen to anyone. And I'm pretty sure she hates music if she hates her mother, who happens to be a singer. So, in conclusion she is not my type."

"And yet she makes you happy," Sehee said softly, her eyes far away as if remembering something. Yoongi frowned. "What?"

"You don't see it yourself," she said, turning around to meet his eyes, "but I've never seen you so happy before. You laugh and smile so naturally with her. Just think about it, Yoongi. Ideal types are made to satisfy our conscience, they are not necessarily what we need or deserve. Atleast for me, I never thought I'd ever fall in love with a man like Seokjin, but here I am. Seokjin is close to my ideal type, some of his traits irritate me enough to want to choke him but at the end of the day, he makes me happy."

She squeezed his hand, smiling towards Seokjin as he made his way to the living room, finally done with the dishes. "Just think about it and try understanding Heejae more. You might be surprised."

"What are you talking about?" Seokjin said as he sat down next to Sehee, just a hint of jealousy in his words. She didn't miss it as she immediately turned towards him, a teasing smile. "Oh, you know, gossips."

Seokjin chuckled, his hand softly landing on his girlfriend's shoulder, massaging it. "You want to go out? Get some fresh air?" Sehee nodded. "Sounds good. Pick me up," she said, extending her arms towards him like a baby asking for upsies.

"What's wrong with you?" Jin asked shaking his head, pulling on her hands to make her stand up but she wouldn't budge. "Please, pick me. I don't wanna walk."

When Seokjin didn't react, Sehee gave him puppy eyes, her lower lip forming a pout. "Please, just this once, oppa." The man's eyes widened upon hearing that word, his ears turning red. "Yah! I told you not to call me that when people are around," he retorted, finding the weather a little too hot.

Sehee laughed, "Then pick me up already, opp-"
"Fine!" he exclaimed, quickly picking her up in his arms, drawing out an excited squeal out of her mouth before starting towards the garage.

Yoongi had watched the whole scene silently, the couple forgetting everything around them as they looked at each other. Yoongi wanted that too. He wanted someone who looked at him the way Sehee looked at Seokjin. He wanted to get lost in his own world with only one person to accompany him.

His finger hovered over Heejae's contact, contemplating if he should call her and talk to her just like Sehee suggested. She knew more about love after all.

But she doesn't know you better than you, a voice in his head spoke up. His brows furrowed as he put his phone aside.

That's right, no one knew him better than himself.

~~~~
A/N:

So much conversation! I think, by far, this chapter has the most number of dialogues in it.

For those who don't understand why Sehee and Yoongi are so close, it's because they are the same age and decided to stick together. You'll get it without this explanation if you only read After Hours 😏.
Yeah, I'm promoting my books again, in my own book.

Anyho, I hope you like this chapter and
Thank you for reading!!