A few words.

Rant alert!

The Beautiful Accident is probably my most daring and experimental book that had me going completely nuts. I can't tell you the amount of times I changed the ending and the character purposes and everytime I did, I made my friends mad with me as well.

Thank you for listening to my rants eclipxeukkae, -agustellar, -mxjintrash, Heather10115, Gasai-

Anyways, coming to how the story came to be... I don't remember. I honestly don't remember. I spent so much time writing this that the first scene I ever thought of is a complete blur but since the prologue is mostly always what I come up with first, let's assume it is the beginning.

I had this idea of making the leads fight a lot and even though I don't do arguing scenes well, I tried my best. To be able to do this, I had to make both of them opposite of each other in some aspects. You can see it with how they both describe their ideal types and what they actually want in a partner.

I started planning Heejae's character when I was writing After Hours. She was described as a tough, strict woman and for the first few chapters of the book she is all rage and work and almost like a dictator who wants things done properly. Even when I got reviews for the book, the reviewers pointed it out that they couldn't really feel anything from her except her rage which was the point.

Her character development is a very satisfying one if I say it as a writer. I took into account that sexism exists in the show world. Starting from on screen to behind the screen, women have to struggle a lot and where it comes to taking leadership, women have to deal with a iron hand to get things done and that's why Heejae is how she is. Strong minded, bold, no nonsense attitude and direct.

But that is all her armour. Beneath it all she is still a woman who craves partnership and she is shown craving it since the prologue. She is shown finding that comfort in the way she dresses when she's just hanging out, looking for a partner to spend the night with and the way she let Yoongi lead in the bedroom. Although it's not shown in detail but there are little things that express it.

Now coming to Yoongi, like I always do, I tried to keep his character as close to real life as possible while still adding my own touch. I didn't want to stick to only one character trait of his. I wanted to show everything about him.

So starting with their relationship, he is shown a bit uncaring and aloof about it but that behaviour is explained with his reasoning that nothing good comes of getting attached to a person who is just supposed to be a fuck buddy. He is shown as a person who cares about everyone but he won't live his life for others either. Then comes his love language which is doing small things for the people he cares about rather than giving long speeches about his love and efforts which is shown abundantly in the book with the way he did things for Heejae and how he remembered her small preferences.

I also showed a more emotional side of his, along with a few subtle references to his mental condition and ADHD. I didn't want to completely ignore it because it's a part of him and he has never been secretive about it. So I wanted to include that and show how it affected him in stressful situations, like the scenes in the police station and when Heejae is attacked in the pub.

So, overall, I'm pretty proud of myself to have written these characters and how they change with time and get through with their issues with each other by talking and fighting. I mean, if it's the healthy kind of fighting and then talking through it, it's always nice for relationship building. Another point that I think came out pretty well.