47.

⚠ Trigger Warning⚠
The following chapter contains mention of blood. Please read with caution.
(chill, it's nothing serious but for the soft hearted peeps, a gentle warning)

***

"Yoongi! No, stop!" Her breathy giggles ring around the house they live in, bringing it to life as happiness shimmers through them both.

Lifting his head just a little to see her flushed face, he smirked. "I won't and there's no way your orders are going to affect me," he said, his voice raspy from sleep but his eyes alert as he sucked particularly hard on the one spot on her neck that he knew drove her crazy.

And promptly she gasped, her fingers carding through his hair, keeping his head where it was instead of pushing him away. She knew she should, knowing he was just trying to make her change her mind but she was too weak when it came to the way he made her feel.

They had talked the previous night and Yoongi had neither agreed nor disagreed with her decision to venture out alone to get some answers. He had thought long and hard through the night though, weighing the pros and cons of letting her be alone when they were not sure of the purpose of why they were being hurt.

And with those thoughts in mind, he was determined to change her mind, if not by words then with his touch. He knew what it did to her and he was going to take full advantage of it.

Detaching himself from her neck, his lips found hers, caressing lovingly as she moaned. The sound travelled through him, making him feel light-headed, his heart picking up its tempo knowing he was making her feel good. He wanted nothing else than that.

To make her feel good, to make her happy, to take care of her, to protect her...

And now he had failed at everything, the guilt eating him away.

Sitting on the passenger seat with his head clutched in his hands, Yoongi's body shook. Anxiety was hitting him hard, making it painful to even breathe. He couldn't help but curse himself.

I should have never listened to her. I should have kept her home. At least taking the brunt of her anger was better than losing her.

Thoughts of all kinds revolved in his head but at the center of it stood Heejae. There was nothing else in the whole world that mattered more than her. He needed to see her, he needed to feel her to know she was safe. If she wasn't...

Tears flowed down his face as he remembered the events that led him to this point. One moment he was observing her, feeling his heart drum against his chest as he thought about Seokjin's words. She had been smiling, talking with the bartender probably making jokes and he had wanted that moment to freeze just so he could see her laughing like that a little more.

But it all changed the next moment. She had picked up her phone and with her eyes widening in surprise, she bent down covering her head with her hands just as something cut the wind and shattered a bottle on the shelf of the bar. The bottle was right where her head would have been if she was sitting straight.

He had felt bile rise up at that moment, his body going cold as he had watched the scene unfold, unable to really comprehend what would have happened to her if she didn't get that call then.

He had seen her run away out of the back door and instead of running behind her, he had decided to bring the car to the back alley so he could catch her. But it seemed like he was always running behind. A car had already taken off before they could reach her and at the same moment, his phone had vibrated with an incoming message.