Epilogue.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Super long chapter, crude humour, gorey pregnancy details and fluff that will make you melt.

You have been warned.

***

"And cut! Good work everyone," Heejae said into the mic, the actors moving away from the set to get away from the cold winds and the staff moving to warm them up.

Heejae leaned to her side, moving her seat a little closer to Anika's who was rewinding the scene they had just filmed. With precision and focus, the two women, the actors and other staff reviewed it.

"I feel like doing it again. Can we give it another try, director?" The director smiled at the young actress who had appeared in a lot of K-dramas but as a side actor. She had the potential but it was a harsh industry, entertainment and so, she hadn't found her big break until Park Heejae decided to cast her in her short film.

"I think this one will make the final cut but sure, let's do another take and we'll pack up." On her word, the staff got back to their stations, moving props and touching up makeup and checking the equipment.

The shoot ended after another hour, leaving everyone drained and cold, eager to leave the set. Heejae was eager too and she rubbed her hands together, her feet swift as she let Anika oversee everything. She had a good reason to leave as early as she was. She needed to be with her family.

On her way, she was slowed down by the traffic and with the snow falling, she had no choice but to drive slowly. That was when she wished she had agreed to take a driver and not drive herself because she was ready to cross the speed limit. However, a glance at her mobile screen and she willed herself to be patient.

***

"I'm home," she called out loudly as she slipped out of her shoes and winter wear, running quickly towards the bathroom to freshen up. She couldn't risk keeping whatever bacterias were on her any longer.

Her shower done in a hurry, she stepped out into the living room and found what she had been eager to see all day.

"Jiwoo-yah, mom's home!" At her voice the six-month-old laughed loudly, making gurgling sounds as he tried to crawl over to his mother. Giggling, Heejae kneeled down on the padded mat and took him into her arms, attacking him with tickles and kisses eliciting loud giggles from him, his lack of knowledge of speech making him let out ineligible sounds that somehow meant to tell her to stop.

Yoongi sat on the other corner of the mat, a grin on his face as he watched his girlfriend and son playing. No matter how many times he saw them, he would always feel his chest expand with happiness and pride knowing that these two angels were a part of his life and he could call them family.

Jiwoo's birth hadn't been the easiest on Heejae. The initial stressful days had complicated things and despite the reassurance of the doctor, it had still put everyone around them on edge. From acne to swollen feet and a continuous need to relieve herself, Heejae had been like a bee. Angry and irritated. The last trimester had been the hardest with backaches, tiredness, hemorrhoids and constipation. She had been close to tears multiple times and had sworn she wouldn't get pregnant ever again.

But it was all worth it, she had said, when she held Jiwoo in her arms for the first time and Yoongi couldn't argue because he had never felt that at peace despite having sobbed uncontrollably before. All the difficulties and the trials they had been put through were dim in comparison to holding their son, their light in their embrace.