13.

Soft snores left the sleeping woman's lips. Her hair were spread over her pillow in a tangled mass of mahogany. Her peaceful expressions suddenly twisted upon hearing a baby screaming. Why was a baby screaming in her house?

Heejae knew for a fact that her apartment was pretty sound proof. But then, whose baby was screaming so loudly. It took her a considerable amount of time to realise that it was her own phone.

The woman almost fell from her bed when she finally figured out that it was the ringtone she had set specifically for her mother. She hastily sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and doing some vocal exercises to not make it obvious that she had just woken up.

Clearing her throat for the final time, she pressed the accept button and cautiously brought it up to her ear.

"Did you just wake up?" Hei Ryung asked immediately without a proper greeting. It made Heejae grimace.

"Of course not! I was in the shower," she lied effortlessly. In any other situation, her mother would have called her out for lying, but seemed like she was hyped up about something.

"I see," she said simply, before her voice grew excited. "I heard you went on a date with Hyunwoo yesterday. Why didn't you tell me?"

Heejae was shocked to hear this. She knew her mother was keeping an eye on her, which always scared her when Yoongi started to visit. She just didn't know that her mother would go such an extent with her spying and making assumptions. But before the younger woman could clarify, her mother said something really unexpected.

"I am disappointed in you, Heejae. I would have loved to hear all about your date directly from you instead of the tabloids. It's going to be hard to explain but well, I am already imagining your wedding. We will hire..."

And the rest turned to white noise as Heejae opened her laptop and opened up her social media. She gasped when she saw her private messages filled with congratulatory messages and some were from reporters she was quite familiar with.

She then proceeded to click on the link that claimed to be the first to post the news. It didn't surprise her in the least when she read the organisations name. The damned pieces of nosy shi-

As she scrolled down the article, she scoffed at the way they had made the report. Starting from listing off hers and Hyunwoo's numerous achievements and then their connection through school and families. They had painted a very convincing 'love-story'.

What fueled the story were the pictures that accompanied the article. One of them was when Hyunwoo had kissed her hand and the other was of them laughing merrily. The last one was of them hugging as they were parting but the angle it was taken from could fool anyone into believing that they were sharing a kiss instead of a hug.

Without thinking twice, she hung up on her mother. She first sent a few messages to some trusted reporters about making a statement about the whole issue. She also typed a quick message to Anika, telling her about the situation as she called Hyunwoo.

The man surprisingly picked up on the first ring, as if expecting her call. And Heejae didn't waste any time as she bombarded the man with accusations.

"You knew about all this, didn't you?" she sneered into her phone, as if trying to burn him with the anger boiling inside her. "You set this up along with our parents. You had no right, Han Hyunwoo, absolutely no right! I can't believe I trusted you. Is this the reason why you insisted on sitting near the window instead of the back? So the cameraman would have no problem clicking clear pictures? Tell me, Hyunwoo, how much of our conversation was sincere or was it just me?"

The line went silent as the fuming woman caught her breath. Her anger wasn't reduced in the least but her need to lash out had lessened considerably. In the meanwhile, she saw Anika had replied back saying, she would handle the things for the time being.

"Are you done?" Hyunwoo asked in a calm voice, unlike the furious woman, who only wanted to blame someone for this mishap.

"If you are done," he said when she didn't continue, "I would like to clear it up and tell you that I had nothing to do in all of this. I found just a while ago as well. Apparently, our mothers knew before anyone else. I'm not making any assumptions because right now it's important to clean up this mess. I've already informed my lawyer do deal with this whole issue legally. I'll also contact someone to make official-"

"I've done that already," she said, falling back on her soft pillows as a long sigh left her. "I'm sorry for earlier, Hyunwoo. I shouldn't have assumed but it's just that my mother was annoying the shit out of me and I needed to..." She trailed off, not really having the energy to speak anymore.

"It's alright. If I had been in your position, I would have done the same. No harm done. For now, let's just focus on this situation and our work, yeah?"

"Yeah," she agreed and hung up. She rubbed her palms against her eyes and dragged her body out of the bed to start with her daily routine. She wondered how the rest of her day would turn out if her morning was like this. It troubled her a lot seeing that it would be filled with drama.

As she opened her closet to finally get ready for work, her frown turned into a shy smile when she saw the large black shirt sitting neatly atop the pile of her work clothes. It was from two nights ago, when Yoongi had fallen asleep and then scrambled out of her bed as he realised it wasn't night anymore. He had left in only his hoodie, ditching the shirt in his haste to leave.

Holding up the shirt against her torso, she wondered what he'd think if she wore it to work. Biting her lip, a mischievous glint in her eyes, she decided to put it to test when they had their shoot.

Yoongi had a way of filling her life with a thrill and smiles these days...

~~~~
A/N:

I wrote this in ten minutes and when I say it was horrible, it really was. It was filled with so many typos and misplaced words, it makes me cringe.

Anyho, I hope you all are taking care of yourself. Keep yourself hydrated and don't skip your damn meals just for the sake of some air heads.

Thank you for reading 💜💜