39.

The morning was unusually lazy for Heejae. She wasn't particularly a morning person, she had her days when she just loved to wake up early and go on a run. It was such a morning and she wanted to put on her running clothes and go out, feel the breeze and the sun on her skin. However, the man snuggled comfortably on her chest had other ideas.

“Yoongi, you can sleep more, just let me up,” she mumbled softly, her fingers moving through his hair, knowing he was awake. The man nuzzled in closer, his nose pushing against a ticklish spot. It made her gasp, her fingers tightening in his hair.

“If you keep making those sounds, I won't let you get out of this bed ever.” The woman laughed, lightly slapping his shoulder before resuming running her fingers through his silky hair. “Yoongi, come on. Don't be like this. I really want to go out for a run. You can join me too.”

“No, this bed is too comfortable to leave.”

“You mean my tits.”

“Yes.”

With a grin stretching her lips wide, Heejae shook her head and relaxed her body, defeated. "Who knew Min Yoongi would be so clingy. You weren't like this before," she remarked, feeling him sigh.

"Because we weren't together before. I was trying to keep the emotions out as much as possible," Yoongi grumbled, his voice scratchy in the early morning. Her smile softened, her eyes closing as she remembered the time that now seemed so far away.

It had been exciting back then, meeting in the dark, talking in hushed voices. Now, it was different; she still felt a thrill every time he touched her but the added emotions heighten it. Now, there were fewer barriers than before and she liked that. She wondered if he felt the same way.

Heejae opened her mouth to ask him the same but before she could say anything, her phone started ringing. She extended her arm to get it but Yoongi caught her hand and pulled it back to rest in his hair. "Ignore it," he told her which made her shake her head once again.

"It might be important," she said, reaching for it but the call was cut off. Just as it started ringing again, she heard Yoongi's phone starting to ring as well. Heejae felt her heart drop as she picked it up and handed it to her boyfriend.

Sharing a glance, the couple sat up, picking up their phones as panicked voices filled their ears. "The media found out," Heejae heard her assistant speak in a rushed manner, making her eyes widen.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your relationship with Mr. Min, mam," he replied. "But there's no mention of your name and your face isn't clear in the pictures either except for your hair. That can be rectified easily. I've already contacted your hairstylist. However, the bigger problem is the other article."

"There is more? What about?" she asked in a shaky voice, already dreading this more than ever. She could feel her breath shortening, her palms sweating; a clear indication of the onset of a panic attack.

"It's about Mr. Han Hyunwoo. And your face is clear in it. He's a pretty known figure in the business and wellness industry, plus his fan following is huge. They are making a huge fuss about how you denied the dating rumors and then were seen hugging him at his workplace."

"I didn't hug him!" she burst out in defense, making Yoongi look at her amidst his conversation, his face paling when he saw the crazed look in her eyes. She wasn't in the best mental condition already and now this...

"Hyung," Namjoon's voice snapped his attention back to the call, taking in the details. "Although her face wasn't clear in the photos taken with you, fans are quick to notice the similarities between the women in the two articles. Her hair and built is a dead giveaway and it leaves us with fewer options."

"And those are?" Yoongi asked cautiously, knowing none of the choices would be able to keep their relationship under wraps anymore.

"Our company was going to reveal the exclusive contract they were signing with H&A studios today. It would strengthen the fans' belief that you two are dating, so it's better that we release an official statement and reveal the whole truth. Heejae would suffer less this way by being called those dirty words people are using right now. Or we deny the rumors and let people believe she's dating that other guy."

Yoongi closed his eyes, dread filling him hearing those options. He didn't want her in public attention because of him and he couldn't let people think she was with Hyunwoo either. Damn him, he thought as he opened his mouth to answer his friend, “I’ll talk to Heejae and tell you her decision.”

When he turned his attention back to his girlfriend, she was no longer on the call. Instead, she stared off, her chest heaving with her labored breathing. For a moment, he didn't understand what was happening but one look at her shaking hands and he was sitting in front of her.

His hands cradled her face, trying to make her look at him but she was too far in her head. “Babe, look at me, please. It’s going to be okay, it's going to be okay. Just look at me, please. Please…” he begged her, shaking her shoulders as tears started to roll down her face. Yet, she didn't move.

He didn't know what else to do to bring her back. He could only hold her tight, rub her back in comfort and he continued to beg and hope she would hear him somehow.

In time, she calmed down. She was no longer frozen; her hands were fisted in his shirt and her face was pressed on his shoulder. "What are we going to do, Yoongi?" she asked in a broken whisper, her tears still wet. "Why does this keep happening to us? What did we do so wrong?"

Yoongi gave her a light squeeze, his eyes blinking away moisture as he pulled away to look at her. Cradling her face in both of his hands, he first wiped away her tears before pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"Nothing, Heejae. We did nothing wrong and don't you dare think like that again. We like each other, we are falling for each other and there's nothing wrong with that, do you understand?"

She looked in his eyes for a moment, letting his words wash over her, absorb in her mind before she turned her head slightly and kissed the palm of his hand. "I understand," she replied. "I think my secretary and Namjoon gave the same options and I think you'll disagree with letting people think I'm with Hyunwoo."

He nodded, looking away as guilt started seeping in. Letting people think that way would be much better and safer for Heejae. She wouldn't have to go through the whole ordeal of getting hate comments and death threats. It was also possible that her studios would take the brunt if they choose the second option but he was selfish. He was selfish for wanting to keep her all to himself, for wanting the world to know she was his. It was backward but he couldn't help it; his feelings had gone too far to let go easily.

A small, cold hand made his head turn back at her, making him see her smiling as she bent forward to press her lips against his. He couldn't help but sigh at the comfort he felt from the soft touch, his body relaxing as her touch warmed him inside out.

"Don't feel guilty, Yoongi," she said in a whisper against his lips, his eyes widening in shock. She only smiled as she pulled away. "You don't have to say anything for me to know, we've known each other for far too long. And it's okay. This is what I want. You are what I want and need."

"The people won't let us sleep peacefully."

"It'll pass, Yoongi. As long as we stand strong, together." 

~~~~
A/N:

I hope you guys know that this is an au and none of this is real. But if and when the members reveal their partners, I hope you will be among those fans who will support them and not be the reason of stress. That is the whole point of this series if you haven't caught on yet.
These books might look like they have a deep meaning but the central thought is to make the delusional side of the fandom to know how stressful it is for a lot of people when you comment something bad.

I can't tell you how incredibly hard it will be for me to turn any of these books into original works bcuz they are so centralised around the idea of idol dating.

So, I hope my message has been reaching out successfully and the way I want. This is not just a Fanfic for me, it's more than that.

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️