38.

Her steps were hurried as she entered the entertainment company, flashing her ID to the guards and the receptionist. She didn't need to, they knew her face and name well enough but she did it to keep it professional when she was there for personal reasons.

Heejae hadn't been able to calm herself down after her strange encounter with her supposed high school friend. She needed to tell someone and get comforted. With Anika gone for a shoot to Ulsan, she couldn't wait for Yoongi to be home.

Feet tapping against the floor of the elevator, she worried her thumbnail as she waited for it to take her to the correct floor. Anxiety flowing through her body, she almost ran all the way to his studio, chanting his passcode in her head to keep her a little sane.

Her hand was raised to punch the numbers in but then she saw the door halfway open. Peeking through it, she saw a woman sitting beside her boyfriend, their heads down over the table as if discussing something.

He did say he was working, she thought but didn't care as she knocked on the door, catching their attention. The woman's eyes widened while a surprised smile made its way to his lips.

"Heejae, what are you doing here?" he asked as he stood up, taking two steps towards her. In that moment, as he gazed at her with surprise and softness in his eyes, she didn't care who saw them and flung herself at him. She buried her face in his chest, her arms tightening around his waist as she breathed in his familiar, soothing scent.

She heard him say something but it didn't make sense to her, she only heard the lock clicking as the door closed. She felt him nuzzle his nose in her hair, his hands running over her back comfortingly. He started walking slowly, taking her with him as he sat down on the couch nearby, making her sit on his lap sideways.

She continued to bury her face in his neck and just focused on her breathing when he spoke, "Baby, talk to me. You are scaring me." With a sigh, she lifted her face and looked down at him. "I think I'm going crazy," she declared making him scoff and smirk. "As if you weren't already."

A sharp sting travelled all over his chest, making him scrunch his face when she slapped him there, hard. "I'm not joking, I'm serious."

"Alright, alright," he said, taking her free hand and entwining their fingers. "But let's not resort to violence under the pretence of craziness. Just tell me what happened."

Sighing and her head falling on his shoulder, she recounted everything that happened after the meeting was over. She also told him about the way Hyunwoo had looked at her and was behaving so bipolar, it terrified her. With every word spilling out of her mouth, his grip seemed to tighten on her hand and thigh, pulling her even closer than before.

"So, he touched you without your consent," he started through gritted teeth, his body tense just as Heejae made a painful sound. "Ah, Yoongi, let me go. You are hurting me."

His eyes wide, he let her hand go immediately, watching with concern and guilt as she brought it up to her face and blew on it. Seeing how red her hand had turned, he took it in his hand, blowing on it.

"I'm so sorry, Heejae. I didn't know what happened, I just got so angry." She couldn't help but smile a little, seeing him look so distraught. "I know you were but that doesn't mean we resort to violence."

He looked at her sheepishly, pressing down gently on her fingers. "Does it still hurt?" he asked, his eyes impossibly big, giving him an innocent look. She nodded slightly, biting down on her lip as she whispered, "You can kiss it better."

He choked at her sly reply, coughing to clear his throat as Heejae burst out in giggles. "Wow, I can't believe you got flustered over a kiss when we've done so much more," she let out, holding her belly as it started hurting from all the laughter.

"I wasn't flustered!" he rebutted, holding her chin firmly to make her look at him. "I was just surprised. You are not the one to use such tactics, trying to look all cute and demure." She bit down on her lip again, her eyes turning mischievous as she bent forward, brushing her lips over his.

"So, you like it more when I'm upfront like this?" she asked in a husky whisper, her lips brushing his parted ones with every word. "No," he answered breathily, "I love every facet of yours. It's fascinating and exciting. You make me gasp for air every freaking moment with your personality."

She grinned, pulling away as she looked down at his flushed face. "I'm glad to know that, Min Yoongi. Glad to know that I have that kind of control over you. It makes me feel powerful." He ran a hand through her hair, looking up at her with hooded eyes. "You've always been powerful, Heejae. You don't need anyone's confirmation or reactions to know that. I wouldn't have been so captivated by you from the moment we met if you weren't."

She stared at him for a good minute, feeling her heart start beating faster as her chest felt stuffy. She couldn't even understand what was happening to her as goosebumps scattered across her skin and her skin felt electrified. She didn't know what to make of her reactions, such unknown, scary reactions.

Taking a deep breath, she shook her head, smiling as she rested her head back on his shoulder. Sighing, she asked, "Do you think I'm being paranoid or overreacting?" He continued running his hand through her hair, his other hand squeezing her thigh comfortingly.

"No, I don't think so. Given our situation, it is valid for us to suspect everyone but we shouldn't let it known. If you suspect Hyunwoo, we can get private investigators to keep an eye on him, or like your mother said, ask her for help. If you agree, I can get to contact someone."

"Sounds good but I'm still afraid," she admitted, hugging him tighter. "I am too," he said in a whisper. "But I promise you, I won't let anything bad happen. We'll make sure of it." She hummed in satisfaction for the time being as she closed her eyes, knowing she didn't have to keep her gaurd up in his arms.

***

"Release the article," the static voice on the phone commanded. The man on the other end gulped, feeling sweat trickling down the back of his neck.

"Are you sure? If the news is not true, I will get in a lot of trouble. Our company will be ruined if they decide to sue us." The reporter really didn't want to do it. Messing with them was like calling your own death. He was afraid of no one but when it came to them...

"I know it is true!" the static voice screamed, making the reporter flinch. "I gave you solid proof and it's not trivial or grainy images. You know it and you know exactly what you can get if you do this right."

Money. That's what he would get. He would be set for life but it didn't ensure his safety. Not when he didn't know the identity of the informant in the worst-case scenario.

"I know you like the money," the person continued to speak, "and I know you need it. It's a win-win situation, just publish those pictures and videos first thing in the morning."

The reporter's eyebrows furrowed together. "What do you get out of it?" He couldn't see the sour smirk on the informant's face but he could hear it.

"Revenge."

~~~~
A/N:

Word count: 1319

I kinda like that number.

An update after such a long time, hope you like it and it keeps you guys excited for what is to come next.

I would like to know your guesses though and see if I can surprise you ;)

Thank you for reading!!