25.

Yoongi shrugged. "What any other person would do in this situation. We get married."

We get married.

Get married.

Married.

Fucking married!

Is this what her life had been leading to? The dreadful thing called marriage? She could hardly get anyone to stick with her in a normal relationship and there he sat, talking about marriage as if it was nothing.

"Yoongi, think about it carefully," Heejae said, dread filling her mind and body, her shaking beginning to increase. This is not why she came here.

Yoongi scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Is there really anything to think about? We made a mistake and now we pay for the consequences. For our and our child's sake we need to be together."

He was being impossible, Heejae thought as she ran a hand through her hair. "Yoongi, listen to me," she tried reasoning. "I didn't expect you to stay away from the baby's life. I know what kind of man you are and that's why I'm here. I'm here so I could tell you about this, not for you to offer marriage. I'm very capable of financially supporting us both and I really don't need anything from you. I told you purely out of my conscience. We don't have to get married. We are just parents to the child, we don't have to be together for it's sake."

"You don't want me to help you through the pregnancy?" he asked, his brows drawn together.

"No."

"You don't want me to pay anything for our child?" he asked again, stressing on 'our child'.

Heejae blinked, not understanding where this was leading to but her answer was unchanging.

"No."

That's when Yoongi burst out laughing. It surprised Heejae and she couldn't do anything but sit back and watch him laugh. Usually, she loved to see his lips pulling so wide that his gums showed and his eyes crinkled but today, his laughter sounded sarcastic and she didn't like it.

"You really expect me to just sit prettily and watch you go through everything on your own? You just want me to watch from afar and not help when I should? I don't think we are on the same wavelength here, Heejae. You come up to my office, call me as if you are in trouble. I drop everything off and come here to hear you telling me something so life changing and now you just want me to sit back and watch you go through everything alone. Not happening, woman. Not in a million years."

Yoongi was extremely angry at this point and Heejae could tell from his fierce eyes and heavy breathing. She tried understanding him and she would be lying if she said she didn't understand him. She did, she truly did but...

"This is non-negotiable, Yoongi," she told him, looking straight into his eyes. "I understand you but I don't think you understand the seriousness of this situation nor the position we are in. If news of me getting pregnant spreads in the show world, no one would bat an eye because I'm just a lesser known director. But imagine news of you having a child gets out, your whole band will suffer. I don't want the others to suffer because of us. So, yes, we are not on the same wavelength."

Yoongi sat back again, an old memory came back up making him feel light headed. He remembered the time Sehee and Seokjin had drifted apart and he had heard similar words. And he also remembered, he had supported Sehee in her decision but this was different.

Heejae took Yoongi's hand in both of hers when he didn't say anything. She was desparate for him to understand. "Yoongi, please, listen to me. Let's say, I'll let you be more active in this but I can't marry you. I don't want to be in a loveless marriage and I know you don't want that either. BTS is so big now, it'd affect you badly if this gets out. And didn't you say Taehyung has a girl too? And Sehee? They would get unwanted attention and I will too. I don't want to jeopardize my and other girls' safety. Do you understand just how serious this is? We can't simply get married like normal people."

She wasn't wrong, Yoongi thought. Closing his eyes, he ran a hand over his face, just now realising how impulsive he had been. But then, he had always been impulsive with Heejae, nothing new in that. She just clouded his mind so damn much.

"I'll still need to tell the members," Yoongi finally said, making Heejae sigh in relief. "I can't keep this away from our manager and CEO either. We will have to tell my parents and yours too before coming to a final decision but one thing's for sure, you are not getting rid of me so easily."

The woman opened her mouth to argue but Yoongi was quick to press his fingers against her lips. "No, now you listen to me," he said sternly, making her nod meekly. "I want to be part of my child's life and I want it to be in a proper way. I am pretty sure this news hasn't hit me completely yet or I would be shaking right now, but I'll get there. Nevertheless, I want to be there for you. I can't allow you to do this by yourself when that child is our responsibility equally. I want to be of as much help as I can be as the f-father," he stuttered on the last word, the word feeling foreign on his tongue.

Heejae squeezed his hand once, smiling a little. "Okay, I can agree to that. I guess, I got a little ahead of myself and didn't stop to think about your feelings. I...I am just so scared about this all and at the same time I feel ecstatic, surreal even to know another being is growing up inside me. Its absolutely crazy."

She laughed, placing a hand on her lower belly, her eyes suddenly turning soft. The sight made Yoongi gulp, his heart beat picking up as the reality started finally settling in. With woobly legs, he got up to sit beside her, making the pink haired woman look at him in surprise.

He raised a shaky hand, his eyes focused on her flat belly. "C-Can I?" he asked, almost in a whisper as his hand hovered above her own. Heejae smiled up at him even though he wasn't looking at her and caught hold of his hand, placing it on her warm skin.

She watched with amusement as his eyes widened at the sight, his big hand almost covering her belly. Running his fingers back and forth a little, he looked up into her smiling eyes. "He's in there," he said, voice filled with wonder and eyes moist.

Heejae cupped his face with one of her hands while the other rested on his hand on top of her belly. "Yes, though I'm not sure if it's a boy." Yoongi chuckled, "Oh, I'm sorry. I just...I have always wanted a boy and I guess, it came out naturally. How far along are you?"

"Five weeks," she told him, looking down at their hands resting on her stomach and feeling her cheeks heating up, realising Yoongi was touching her and how difficult it would get in the future. He already looked in love with their unborn child. But, so was she.

"Do you think you can come up to the office and break it up to everyone?" Yoongi asked after a while, pulling his hand away and leaving Heejae feeling a little cold suddenly. Taking a deep breath, she nodded.

"Might as well get done with it."

~~~~
A/N:

This is going to be so difficult.

Thank you for reading 💞💞