Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Cole reached his grandparents who were standing in the woods waiting for them.

“How is she?” Lucy asked walking up to Cole

“She is alive, other than that I don’t know”

Lucy placed a hand on Cole’s mates head before looking at him and smiling “You found her”

“She’s pregnant” Cole blurted out

Cole watched as his grans eyes widen and tears began to fill them “Oh congratulations sweetie” She said smiling at him.

“Thanks gran”

“Well come on let’s get going so we can get her back to the pack house and make sure everything is ok”

They started walking through the woods, Cole’s grandparents stayed in human form so they could walk back with Cole.

They had been walking for about half an hour when Cole heard a noise. He stopped in his tracks frowning, scanning the trees around him, he tried to identify where the sound had come from.

“What is it?” Lucy asked him

“I heard something”

Hayden walked in front of Lucy and Cole and scanned the trees “What was it you heard?” Hayden asked his grandson.

“I thought I heard a clinking sound.”

“Where?” Hayden started to say before stopping. Cole looked over at his grandfather who was now looking down at his chest.

A large red stain had formed on his grandad’s chest. Hayden looked up from his chest and looked at Lucy “Luc, I love you”

Lucy’s eyes turned completely brown before she raced over to Hayden’s side. “No..no ….no. not you too, please Hayden not you too, I won’t be able to survive if you die on me”

"Shh" Hayden said lifting a hand up to her face "We new this day would come"

"No, we agreed we would go together, you promised we would die together"

"You will be fine without me"

Lucy shook her head "No I wont" She said with a sob.

 “I’m sorry” Hayden said before dropping to his knees. Cole stood their stunned staring at his grandfather he could hear his heart had almost completely stopped beating,

Hayden fell back on the ground dragging Lucy who was clinging to him with him. “Hayden don’t you dare die on me” Lucy screamed.

Hayden released one last breath before closing his eyes, his heart had stopped beating.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!” Lucy screamed at the top of her lungs before the scream turned into a howl as she changed from human form to wolf form.

Cole looked into her eyes and could see none of his gran in her eyes, she had given her wolf complete control. Cole stood completely still, he knew his grans wolf would never hurt him, but right now looking into her wolves eyes her wolf looked feral and completely crazed.

Her wolf growled once at Cole before turning around and running off into the woods, it was not long before Cole could hear the sound of a man screaming out in agony.

“AJ” Cole said to his brother through the mind link.

“Cole what is it?”

“A hunter has shot and killed Grandad, Gran has completely lost control of her wolf and ran off”