Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

“You don’t sound too happy to see me” Rose said with a smirk on her face

“You drugged my brother who was only trying to help you, why on earth would I be happy to see you?” He said

Rose rolled her eyes “He gave me no choice, he wouldn’t have let me go and I had places I needed to be” She told Cole “Besides you should be thankful it’s me and not the hunters."

AJ spotted Rose from the tree, jumped from the branch to the ground in one big leap, and raced over to her.

AJ growled at her as he approached her. “You drugged me”

“I did” Rose said staring AJ In the eyes, she was showing him no emotion at all.

“Why?”

“You wouldn’t have let me leave, you gave me no choice”

“Why did you want to leave, your my mate, you should want to stay with me.”

Rose sighed. “I’m sorry but my life is just too hectic to have a mate, it just wouldn’t work out between us. I can't be your mate, you need to forget you ever met me. I will do the same with you.”

AJ felt as if is heart had shattered in to a million tiny pieces a sharp pain stabbed him in the chest and his stomach felt like it was on fire, his body started to shake uncontrollably.

“What have you done?” Cole asked sounding panicked

“I did what was best for your brother.” Rose said not sounding to sure.

“What best for him!” Cole screamed. “You think rejecting him and having his wolf take him over is what’s best for him?”

“I..I…I I CAN’T HAVE A MATE!” she screamed before looking at AJ “I’m sorry” She whispered while looking him in his completely blackened eyes “There is just too much going on in my life right now, I can’t” She said before turning around and running off into the woods.

Cole watched as AJ dropped to his knees and screamed.

“Dad come quick it’s AJ, his mate just rejected him and I think his losing control of his wolf.” Cole said through the mind link panicked

“What! Where are you?” Aaron asked back immediately

“Near the waterfall, hurry”

"What the hell are you doing there!" His father shouted at him through the mind link.

"Dad there is no time to explain, AJ is losing it"

Cole knelt down beside AJ and place a hand on his shoulder “Fight it brother, I can’t lose you to your wolf I need you, fight it dam it” Cole said as AJ collapsed on the ground and curled his body into a ball

“Don’t give up yet AJ, you can still get her to change her mind, but you can’t if you let your wolf win.”

Cole could tell that AJ was trying to get control back but his wolf had gained too much for him to be able to do it.

“Dam it” Cole cursed, he continued to give tell AJ reasons why he needed to fight his wolf and not give up until his mother father, Anne and Ben arrived.

“Oh AJ” Chloe said with a sob she dropped her knees and placed a hand on his arm “My baby please don’t give up on me” She begged him.

Anne pulled a syringe out of her pocket and injected AJ with clear liquid, almost immediately AJ stopped struggling on the ground and he became completely still.