Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

AJ watched as Rose paled, he looked at the hunter and frowned “What are you talking about?” AJ growled out.

The hunter nodded his head in Rose's direction “She was only meant to scope out the land, not the pack house” The hunter looked at AJ and laughed when he noticed the confusion in his eyes. “Oh you poor boy she fooled you good didn’t she. She’s no really your friend. She works for us.”

AJ swung his head around and looked at his mate who had frozen on the pot. “I…I” She started to stutter.

“Is it true?” He asked her.

She dropped her head and looked at the ground “I’m sorry” She whispered softly.

AJ’s face scrunched up in confusion and pain. “So what, you came here to spy on us for them?” He asked pointing at the hunter.

Rose nodded her head, not looking removing her eyes from the ground “I had too” She said softly.

“Bullshit” AJ yelled at her. ”There is no reason for you betray your own kind. You are just as bad as they are. What, do you hunt us down too? Kill us off one by one. Tell me Rose when were you planning on taking me out?” He asked taking a step towards her.

His was having mixed emotion. Betrayal and anger but at the same time he still felt love and heartache from the mating bound. He was surprised his wolf hadn’t tried to fight for control yet.

“You don’t understand” Rose said softly.

“THEN MAKE ME UNDERSTAND!” AJ screamed at her making he flinch, “Please” He begged softly “You are my mate, it’s not supposed to be like this”

“I know.” She said raising her head and looking him in the eyes.

"So it was all a lie, you being here because you wanted to track down the hunters that killed your parents?"

"No not everything was a lie." She said softly looking away from him.

"Well that makes me feel so much better." AJ said sarcastically.

He heard Rose sigh "I didn't want to stay here, your father gave me no choice"

AJ's chest rose and fell as he took large breaths trying to calm him self down, his wolf was not the problem, it was his human side that felt betrayed.

“I’m so sorry that this had to happen.” She said before jumping over the railing and landing on the ground she took off running in the other direction towards the back door of the pack house. AJ was frozen in place. He could not believe what had just happened.

He looked at His Grandma who was still holding on to the hunter. The hunter barked out laughing once again. AJ Watched as Lucy tugged the hunter making him stumble.” I will deal with him you go after your mate.” His gran said through the mind link.

AJ nodded his head and changed into his wolf form before running after his mate. By the time he got outside, she had disappeared but this time she didn’t take off alone. She had somehow gotten Danny outside and left with him so AJ followed his scent knowing that if he found Danny he would find his mate.

He didn’t know what he was going to do when he found her, he still couldn’t believe that she was a part of the hunters that she was only here to spy on them so the hunters could have a better chance at killing them.

AJ raced through the woods dodging trees and fallen branches, he noticed that the scent was leading him to the boarder of the Rouge territory.

“AJ!” He heard his brother say through the mind link “Gran told me what happened, are you ok”