Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

The school day ended and Cole quickly raced out of the school building to his car. He planned to sit there and wait until his mate left the school grounds so he could follow her.

He had just gotten into his car and put the keys in the ignition when his passenger door opened and Zain climbed in.

“Man today just all round sucked, I got in to trouble in almost every freaken class.” He said shaking his head. “I’m surprised I didn’t end up with a detention.” Zain looked over at Cole who was sitting there staring out the front window looking at the school building. “Er…man I’m here now so you can start the car and drive away from here”

Cole looked over at Zain “Sorry man, but I’m not going home just yet.

“O….K” Zain said when he noticed Cole had started to stare at the school building again. “Than do you mind telling me what we are doing instead, because I gotta tell ya staring at the school isn’t what I would consider fun at all”

Cole rolled his eyes “I’m waiting for my mate to leave and then I plan on following her” he tells Zain.

“Oh” Zain said frowning “why?”

Cole rolled his eyes “Because I want to find out who she is, where she live. Look if you’re not up to it I’m sure there are still some pack members around still who could give you a lift back to the pack house.” Cole said sighing.

“Nah man I’m good, I’m actually looking forward to seeing this side of you.” Zain said.

Cole looked at him and raised an eyebrow “What side?”

Zain gestured at Cole with his hand “Stalker style side” He said before bursting out laughing.

Cole ignored him and looked back out the window just in time to see his mate walked out of the school building, with Mr Mathews by her side.

Cole let out a growl, he took a deep breath and tried to calm his wolf.

“There not very affectionate towards each other.” Zain said beside him.

“What! Cole growled.

“Calm down man” Zain said as he shifted over in his seat so he could be further away from Cole’s wolf who he could see was fighting him for control. “I just mean that don’t really look like a couple. They don’t even hold hands.”
Cole looked over at his mate and Mr Mathews and realised Zain was right. “Maybe the school doesn’t know they are dating and they are trying to keep it a secret.”

“Yeah I bet that’s what it is” Zain said nodding his head “Maybe we should let it slip to the school?”

“No” Cole said shaking his head “You could get my mate into trouble.”

“Yeah, I guess your right”

Cole watched as his mate and fiancé got into a red truck and drove off out of the parking lot. Cole waited a few seconds before starting his car and following them.

His mate’s car drove to the edge of town, turned down a side street, and stopped in front of a rundown house.

“Man what a dump, surely they don’t live here.” Zain said letting out a soft whistle from between his teeth.

Cole pulled the car over a fair way up from the house his mate had pulled into.

Cole looked the small house over, the white boards were almost completely black from dirt and mould, and the tin roof looked to be completely rusted. The railing around the small veranda out the front was no longer attached to the house and was lying in the weeded garden below. It did not look stable enough for anyone to live in.