Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Cole walked into the school building the next morning feeling excited about the idea of seeing his mate. He took a chance, and walked to where her classroom was, and looked inside the door.

His mate was sitting at her desk with er elbows on the table and her face in her hands. Wanting to comfort his mate, Cole walked into the classroom.

“Is everything alright Ms Bell?” Cole asked softly.

Cole mate lifted her face from her hands and looked at Cole. “Mr Benson, you don’t have first period with me, what are you doing here?” She asked him. She looked behind him before returning her eyes to him.

Cole shrugged his shoulders “I was walking past your classroom and noticed you sitting here, you looked sad so I thought I would check and make sure everything is alright”

Cole’s mate smiled at him making his heart race “That’s very sweet of you, thank you.” She said softly. “But I’m fine, really”

Cole nodded his head. “Ok well I may be your student but I’m also a great listener if you ever need to talk.”

His mate frowned at him, she looked kind of nervous to him and kept looking behind him.“I don’t think that would be very appropriate, like you said you are my student.”

Cole shrugged “That’s not really a big deal, besides you aren’t that much older than me. What are you twenty two twenty three?”

“I’m twenty two” She said quickly “Not that, that matters you are still my student and it would be wrong of me to discuss my personal matters with you." She said looking away from him "Besides talking about them is not going to help.” She said softly as she looked down at her desk.

Cole shrugged again “This is a small town and you haven’t lived here long, it takes a while for people in this town to warm up to strangers and I’m guessing you are most likely feeling a little lonely since moving here. I was just offering a friendly ear for you to talk to,is all.” Cole said making his way to the classroom door. “Just think about it, if you need someone to talk to you know where to find me." He said walking out the door before she had a chance to answer him.

He made his way to first period getting there just as the bell rang

“Hey Cole man, how did your dinner go?” Zane asked wiggling his eyebrows at him.

Cole groaned. “It was terrible, did you know that she is engaged to Mr Mathews? She bought him along to dinner” Cole whispered so the Mr Mathews who was teaching at the front of the class wouldn’t hear.

“What!” Zane whispered yelled. “Man that’s harsh, what did you do?”

Cole shrugged “I wolfed out of course”

Zane eyes almost bugged out of his head “But there human, what did they do when you changed in front of them?”

Cole shook his head “I didn’t shift in front of them, AJ managed to get me out side before I shifted”

Zane whistled, “Man that was lucky, could you imagine how they would have reacted?”

Cole snorted “Yeah I know it wouldn’t have ended well”

“Hey Cole” Cole looked up and noticed Faith was sitting at the desk in front of him she had slightly turned in her seat so she could talked to him.

“Hey Faith” Cole mumbled

“Listen I was wondering if you could help me out? I was thinking of inviting AJ over for dinner on Friday night and I was wondering what his favorite food is?” Faith asked with a smile on her face