Chapter Twenty Eight

Cole arrived at the waterfall to find Natasha was already there waiting for him, he had decided while he was running there, that he was going to confess everything to her, and if she was ok with it than they can figure out where to go from there. The only thing Cole knew for certain is that she is and will always be the only girl he would ever want.

Cole scrubbed his face with his hand "Natasha I have something I need to tell you, you probably won't believe me at first and when you do you will most likely be afraid of me. Please don't be, I could never hurt you." Cole looked at his beautiful mate standing there staring at him. She was perfect there was not one thing he would change about her. He could only hope that her feelings for him were strong enough to handle the fact that he is a werewolf.

He opened his mouth to confess, but fear of her rejecting him had him closing it again. He tried this several times, having the same fear override his mouth and stopping him from saying those three little words that could change his life forever.

Just say it Cole, he thought to himself. Just say I'm a werewolf. But no matter how much he tried to coach himself he couldn't say a single word.

His mate could see him struggling and decided to put an end to his misery. The next words she spoke had him frozen on the spot "I know what you are Cole" Natasha said to Cole. "I have known since the first time you had walked into my class."

Cole frowned at her "What do you mean, How do you know?"

She sighed and turned away from Cole and faced the water putting her back to him. She didn't say anything for a while, they both stood there silent.

"I know that you are a werewolf Cole" She said softly

He stood there stunned for a moment not sure if he had heard her correctly. He walked over to his mate who was standing near the edge of the water. Her head was lowered and from what part of her face he could see, he could tell that she was sad.

"Hey are you ok?" he asked his mate.

She turned and looked at him, her emotions were warring with themselves. "There is something I need to tell you." She whispered.

He walked over to her and placed a hand on her upper arm "What is it?"

She shook her head "You are going to hate me when I tell you." She said softly

"You are my mate, I could never hate you."

She looked him in the eyes and he could see that hers were full of sadness. "I'm not human Cole" She said softly.

Cole looked at her stunned for a moment. "What do you mean you're not human? Your scent says that you are."

Natasha shook her head "There is more. I'm not really a teacher, my family were killed when I was just a little girl and I was raised by these people. I was made to do whatever it was they wanted otherwise I would be punished." Cole growled when she said that but didn't interrupt her by saying anything. "They make me take these tablets so I smell human, so werewolves wouldn't know what I really am."

"Why wouldn't they want us to know what you really are?" Cole asked. He didn't really know what she was talking about. But he did know one thing. That he didn't care if she was human or not. She was his mate and that's all that mattered to him.

She swallowed audibly "Because than you might suspect something, they wanted me to blend in with the humans so the wolves wouldn't start snooping around."

Cole started to get a bad feeling, "Who are you talking about Natasha? Who is it that wanted you to blend in?" He asked her although he was pretty sure he knew the answer.