Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

AJ ran into the medical room to see that Anne, his fathers third in commands mate was attending to his mate. There was so much blood covering her that he couldn’t tell where all her wounds were.

“How is she?” He asked his father, as he squeezed his eyes shut while trying to fight his wolf off who had started to fight for control again, as soon as he his eyes had landed on his injured mate.

“Anne has just finished patching up the serious wounds, she believes that your mate will survive, she will just need monitoring for the next  twelve hours after that she will be out of the danger zone.” Aaron sighed “I’m so sorry AJ if I had known who she was to you I would never have ordered them to attack.”

AJ nodded his head “I know dad, I should have said something sooner, but after she ran away from me I was too busy worrying about finding her, I didn’t even think about the fact that she was a rouge.”

“She ran away from you?” His father asked frowning

“Yeah.” AJ said “We stood there and stared at each other and then she said that we are all in danger and then took off” AJ looked at his dad “Is it possible that she didn’t even know I was her mate?“ He asked.

Aaron frowned “That’s unlikely, what wolf wouldn’t recognise their mate? Are you sure she is your mate?”

“YES!” AJ shouted throwing his hands in the air. "My wolf told me she was,”

“Ok son settle down, I was only asking” Aaron assured him.

“There is one other thing that is bothering me” Aaron said “I couldn’t smell her,” He took a deep breath and noticed he could only smell the woods, which was strange because he should be smelling all the smells of the pack house, he walked over to his mate and sniffed the air.

He turned around and looked at Aaron. “That’s why I couldn’t track her, she smells like the woods to me”

“That’s unusual.” Aaron said. “Usually your mate smells of something you like the most, like vanilla and raspberries,” Aaron said describing what his mate smelt like.

“Well I do love the smell of the woods, it smell like home to me” AJ muttered.

Aaron shrugged “That’s probably why than”

AJ went and sat beside his mate. “Who do you think she was talking about?’” AJ asked.

“Who knows, perhaps there is plans for the rouges to attack us?” Aaron said.

AJ nodded his head “You’re probably right”

Aaron patted AJ on the back “I will increase the numbers of man on patrol and we will wait and see I guess, maybe you could question her more if she wake.”

AJ nodded his head “I will, as soon as I ask her, her name.”

“Ok son well I would suggest you go and get some rest but I know you won’t leave your mates side.”

AJ didn’t even respond to his dads statement he was too busy staring at his mate. Her hair was red and white, he had never seen it that colour before. If he had seen the colour on anyone else he would of thought of them as freaks but on his mate it made her look perfect.

After a few hours had past, she started to stir and slowly opened her eyes, as soon as she saw AJ sitting next to her, her eyes widen in shock.

“How did I get here?” She demanded.

AJ was shocked by the tone she used. She was angry that much he could tell, but he could not detect an ounce of fear coming from her, which shocked him after all she had just been attacked by wolves from his pack.

“You were attack by our guards you have nothing to fear they won’t ever hurt you again.” I informed her.

She started to sit up on the bed, but winced and held her wounded stomach. “I have to go” She said to him.

“What? Go where?” AJ asked panic at the thought of her leaving.

“I have to get back to my.....” But she cut her words of before she finished “I just have to go is all” She finally said.

AJ sighed “Well you can’t go anywhere, you injured and you’re not healed enough to leave.”

“I’m fine.” She snapped. “I have had worse before”

“But you’re my mate!” AJ said standing from his chair “Why would you want to leave me?”

“I know and I am sorry, but I have to I can’t stay here, it’s not safe.” She said as she got out of the bed

“What do you mean it’s not safe?” AJ asked, “If you are in trouble I can protect you”

She shook her head “I am safe, it’s you and your pack that are not.”

“Why would my pack be in danger?” AJ asked as he gently grabbed her arm and turned her so she face him. “Are we going to be attacked by rouges is that what you mean? Because if it is we can handle any rouge that come in our territory”

She shook her head. “It’s not rouges you should be worried about”

AJ frowned at her. “What do you mean? They are the only things to worry about we are not in danger from anything else.”

AJ's mate stood there and looked at him with sadness in her eyes.

“There is one other thing you should worry about more than you worry about rouges” She says walking up to him and looking in his eyes.

AJ couldn’t help but get lost in her light blue eyes. He could feel the mating bond pulling him closer to his mate, just looking into her eyes he felt as if everything was now perfect he felt complete and he never wanted to be alone again, he always wanted her by his side.

 He realised they had both been standing there staring at each other for a while, neither one of them talking.

AJ looked away and cleared his thought he had completely forgotten what they had been talking about, “What’s your name?” He asked her

“Rose” She whispered “and your name?”

“AJ” He said softly.

He watched as Rose shock her head as if to clear the fog from her mind, she looked back up at AJ her features had changed from kind and loving to closed off with no emotion showing what’s so ever.

“You need to prepare your pack, their coming and once the start killing they won’t stop.” Rose said. He watched as she walked over to one of the cabinets her hips swayed, side to side, hypnotising him, he looked back up in time to see her grab something off the top of the cabinet and was about to ask her what she had when her words sunk in.

“Prepare? What are you talking about, who are you talking about?” AJ asked confused

Rose walked up to him and looked him dead in the eye “The Hunters” She said lifting her hand up and placing it behind his head. “They are very dangerous AJ they hunt our kind in hopes of destroying us all”

AJ felt something pinch his neck and suddenly lost all feeling to his body, he dropped to the ground his head bashing against the ground. He watched as Rose knelt down in front of him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered in his ear before standing back up and walking towards the door.

“W..h..y?” AJ struggled to say.

Rose turned around to face him once she reached the door. He could see sadness in her eyes.

“I can’t afford to be distracted by a mate right now, I have waited too long to seek my revenge. This is for the best. Besides you are better off without me.”

With that said Rose opened the door and left the room closing it softly behind her, it didn’t take long before the room started to blur and AJ vision turned black. The searing pain in his chest and the burning sensation in his stomach, from his mate rejecting was becoming too much, as he started to slip into unconsciousness, his last thought was that if she didn't't want him than he didn't want to live. He hoped he would never waked up.