Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The bell rang singling the end of first period, AJ stood from his desk and made his way out of the room, he just got a couple of feet away from his classroom when he noticed a crowd of people standing around. Curios as to what had drawn such a large crowd AJ made his way over to the group and started pushing people aside to get to the middle.

“You’re such a tramp” He heard a girl screech. Figuring it was just another girl fight AJ turned around to leave but the next voice he heard stopped him in his tracks.

“I said I was sorry, it’s not like I meant for it to happen” He heard Amy say softly.

AJ turned back around pushing people aside until he reached the centre of the group were he could see Amy pressed up against a locker and four girls surrounding her. Sighing AJ made his way over to Amy just in time to stop one of the girls fist connecting with Amy’s face.

“What’s going on here?” He asked the girl whose fist he was holding.

“This tramp slept with my boyfriend and is now having his baby!” The girl screamed

“Well isn’t this something you should be taking out on your boyfriend?” AJ asked. “He is the one who cheated on you, not Amy.”

“Why are you defending her?” The girl next to the one he was talking to said,.

“Because she is my friend” AJ said causing the group to gasp “And anyone who messes with my friend messes with me” He says looking back at the girl who he stopped from, hitting Amy “So I suggest you go and have a nice long chat with your boyfriend.” AJ looked up at the massive crowd surrounding them “Shows over, there’s nothing to see here.” He shouted before turning his back on the lot of them and facing Amy. ”Are you ok?” he asked her.

She nodded her head “I’m fine just a little shaken nothing serious.”

“Good, I would hate to have to kill somebody it’s only second period I usually like to hold off with the whole killing thing to at least after lunch.”

Amy laughed at his attempt to make a joke. “Thanks”

“Don’t mention it, I gotta get to class, will you be alright now?” He asked her.

“Yeah I will be fine.”

“Ok see ya around, oh and Amy next time something like this happens, just mind link with me and I will come, ok?” He said walking away from her not waiting for he reply. She was part of his pack therefore she was his responsibility, he knew she would never be able to stand up for her self which made it the more dominate wolves job to be there to protect her.

Despite stopping AJ still made it to his English class before the bell and was surprised to see his teacher already there. Most teachers don’t arrive until after the tardy bell. He walked up to her desk where she was sitting reading a book and cleared his throat.

Ms Bell lifted her, looked at AJ, and frowned “Can I help you with something?” She asked

“Yeah, my mum asked me to give you this” He said shoving the envelope his mother had given him in her face.

She took the envelope from his hand and opened it pulling out two pieces of paper. By the way, she held the letters he could see the second one was actually a map telling her how to get to the pack house.

As soon as she finished reading the letter, she looked at the map and her eyebrows lifted in surprise.

“You live out in the woods?” She asked him.

AJ noticed her give his body a quick once over before returning her attention to the map. He frowned at her odd behaviour but didn’t comment on it.