Chapter Twenty Seven

Cole and Lucy raced into the woods they didn't bother waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.

"Keep your ears on alert for any sounds Cole they could be hiding in the trees or on the ground." His Grandma told him.

"Will do Gran"

They had been running for about twenty minutes when his Gran picked up the scent of a hunter. "The scent is not old so he could still be around here," His Gran told him. "You scan the trees, I will scan the ground"

Cole looked up into the tree and looked them over carefully. He couldn't see any sign of a hunter in the trees, "Trees seem to be clear Gran,"

Lucy stuck her nose in the air "This way" She told him before taking off at a dead sprint.

He couldn't believe how fast she was, Cole had trouble keeping up with her. The sounds of his Grans wolf growling had him stopping in his track. "Found him"

Cole walked up beside her to find a older man standing there with a shot gun pointed at his gran. The hunters eyes widened when he realised there were two wolves. Cole took a step forward ready to attack, "NO!" His gran wolf said through the mind link. "Go around him, you go left I will go right, whoever he doesn't follow with the gun attacks" Lucy told him.

Cole did as his Gran said and started walking left while she went right. Cole being a bigger wolf than his Gran had the hunter following him with his gun. It didn't take long for his gran to seize the opportunity and attacked the hunted. Clamping her jaw around his throat. Cole hears the crunching sound of the hunter's neck when his Grans wolfs shook her head and snapped his neck. She pulled away from the hunter, walked over to Cole, and licked his face.

"Are you alright?" She asked him.

Cole's rolled his eyes "Gran all I did was walk a couple of steps how could I not be alright"

"Just checking," She growled.

They continue on their way to the waterfall, killing off a couple more hunters that they had found on the way. They had been at it for hours and the sun was just starting to set when they decided to call it a day and head back to the pack house.

Most of the pack was outside standing around talking about the hunters they had killed. Cole's father stepped out the front door and cleared his throat so he could get everyone attention.

"Total number of hunters killed today was twenty three turns out there were more out there than we originally thought." Mummers spread through the crowd after his father had said that. Aaron held up his hand to quieten them down. "I would like to thanks each and every one of you for putting your life on the line so we could hunt them and dispose of them. Because of you the pack is now a little safer."

"Did we manage to kill all the hunters?" A pack member called out.

"We don't know" Aaron told him. "We don't know exactly how many hunters there are in town. All we can do is make sure our woods a clear of them. I will be increasing patrols to search our territory, now that we know how to track their scent they won't be able to hide from us."

The pack cheered at Cole's father's words. Aaron spotted his son in the crowed and guested for him to come to him.

Cole walked over to his father who smiled at him "Your brother is awake."

Cole didn't wait for his father to finished speaking he raced off into the pack house and made his way to the medical room. As soon as he entered, his eyes landed on his brothers. A smile spread across his face.