V1 Chapter 4: Annoying Faces.

City of Vale
Docks

"RWBY, led by Ruby... My... Cousin?" Y/n stood with Spruce and Everest, the three teammates standing in front of Team RWBY.

"So... Uh... Y/n, it's weird to think we're family..." Y/n lifts his hand, cutting her off.

"We are not... Family, your father is a weakling." Spruce chuckles nervously, pushing her partner to the side.

"D-Don't listen to that grump, Ruby! What he meant to say is that he cares for you..! Uh... Secretly..." The Branwen scoffs, looking off to the docks, ignoring whatever was said next.

He's looking off into the sky when he spots an all too familiar sight... A raven, its red eyes piercing his soul, leading him to look towards a secluded alley.

"Hey, where are you going?" The voice is ignored as Y/n steps past team RWBY walking quickly to the alley, passing citizens, and other questionable characters.

As soon as he enters the tight alley, he checks behind him, starting to run to the end, his weapons rattling on his belt.

A heavy breath, a jump, and a rough landing gets him over a fence, he is then met with a dark central alleyway, dumpsters and other various things can be seen, a stairwell into one of the buildings is the most notable, seeing how a raven sat perched on one of the concrete arms.

"Mother." The raven changes, in its place is... Well, Raven, standing on the concrete arm of the stairs, she hops down and approaches her son.

"Y/n." She embraces him in a quick hug, the chin of her mask resting on his shoulder.

He returns the hug, speaking, "Is there a reason for this meeting?" The woman breaks the hug, holding the boy by the shoulders.

"There is something coming, and you need to be ready... Beacon will face its greatest challenge soon, and I don't want you to die among those idiots." A click of heels and boots can be heard from a darker park of the alleyway. Both Branwens turning their head and glaring.

"Ah, so the piercing glare does run in the family." A man, who doesnt seem much older than Y/n jokes, pointing out the glaring Branwen's.

"Please, Mercury, both of them could kill you." A woman with black hair, steps forward, she has amber eyes, and wears a red dress, with bright golden designs on it.

"Cinder."

"Raven."

Y/n sets a hand on one of his swords, being "Truth" glaring at the leader of the group. (Quick note, Y/n Branwen's weapons are called Truth and Reconciliation.)

"That wouldn't be wise, boy..." Out of nowhere, a voice much different than the others, a pale woman approached from behind the group, walking... Or hovering? Past Cinder...

"Salem, you leave Y/n out of this."

"Raven, he had his chance... Now he will be dragged into your own mess." Everything felt wrong about this woman, her ghostly pale skin, black visible veins, a black dress which touches the floor, her eyes were red, whole her sclera were pure black.

What seemed more wrong about this person was... They weren't there, Y/n could sense it, everytime he tried looking at the face of the woman, the face would change.

Pulling Truth off his belt, he unfolded it, pointing it at the woman... "You're not here." Raven tries to stop him, but he takes a step forward and swings his sword, it cuts straight through the woman, and she disappears.