V3 Chapter 2: The Raven & The Ember

Vale
Amity Colosseum

The 1v1s, something Y/n has been excited for, he hopes his opponent is someone strong.

He's watching the faces spin for the random selection process, his own face appearing first, which makes him smile. "I can prove to mother..."

Then a girls face, amber eyes, pale skin, dark hair which covers her left eye. Ports voice cuts into the crowd. "Y/n Branwen of Beacon! Versus, Cinder Fall of Haven!"

Both students stand in the center, glaring at one another, lights rise from the floor the platform surrounding the center opens, before being replaced by a solid ground, the ground have each of the kingdoms Academy symbols.

The center platform lifts into the air, a small arena.

Cinder held a pair of black swords, much like Truth and Reconciliation, Y/n assumed that the swords were able to combine into a bow.

The timer started counting down from three, cinder readies her blades, lowering herself into a defensive pose.

Y/n has a hand resting on Truth, ready to pull the sword from his left hip, "Let the bout, begin!"

Cinder charges, wasting no time to get in the Branwens face, swiping one of her blades towards his throat, missing only by a hair.

He smirks, lifting his blade and parrying another attack. He evades, using whatever chance he got to study his opponent, any signs of weakness, or atleast a fault in movement... But he couldn't.

She seemed to move perfectly, hiding any fact that she was a student at all, her attacks led up to a kill, but Y/n knew that.

"What are you thinking of? A way to lose?" Cinder suddenly wasn't in front of him, his eyes widening as he turns to face the girl.

A balled fist along with a sword guard meets his face, throwing him to the side.

"What?! She was just... Is that her semblance? Teleportation? Speed?" He dodges another attack, still trying to figure the woman out.

"Are you trying that hard to figure it out?" Y/n scowls, trying his best to keep his distance, what made it worse? Cinder was nowhere to be seen.

He looks around, his eyes scanning the arena. He then sighs, calming himself, he's about to seethe Truth when he hears a bird call, looking up, the red eyed raven is circling a single spot, when Y/n looks down he starts to understand.

His eyes glow a moment, as he dashes under the bird, swinging his sword to strike at the invisible woman in front of him.

And he hits her, her being quickly coming into view as she slides across the ground for a moment. "How?!" Y/n pressed on, his semblance starting to strain, the feeling of all that strength and speed starting to tear at his muscles pains him but he ignores it.

Pressing his attack, Cinder attempts to block a swing from the Branwen, but is over powered and pushed to the ground, "Your semblance works in mysterious ways, but it is not enough." Y/n approaches, planting a foot onto her chest, the tip of Truth not pressed against her throat.

"You will die, like the rest of the Huntsmen." The Branwen is about to stomp on her chest to reiterate his point, but a buzzer goes off, signifying someone's Aura has been broken.

When he looks at he board, his own Aura is low, bordering failure, at a steady 20%. While Cinders aura, is at 0%.

"Train harder, maybe you won't be so weak." Y/n lifts his foot from her chest and turns, walking away.

After walking away and out, he had been congratulated by his team, but brushed them off, saying he had somewhere to go.

Once reaching a dock, he jumped off, turning into a raven and flying upward, landing on the upper and outer ring of the Colosseum.

When he turns back into himself, another raven lands next to him, soon revealing to be his mother.

"Y/n."

"Mom..." She does something rather out of character, she hugs Y/n, "...I did good... right?"

Raven smiles faintly, "Yes, you did, though I didn't expect you to defeat her... She was cheating after all."

"How was she cheating?" Y/n looked up at his mother, his head tilted slightly, "Was her semblance not invisibility?"

"No, she never used her semblance, she had outside help from someone in the crowd using an illusionary semblance." Raven looks down at the crowd, scanning over the countless students, eventually spotting Yang readying herself to face off against Mercury Black, of team CRME.

"That boy, the one Yang is fighting."

"Mercury?" Y/n looks down, pausing for a moment, "From Haven, he's apart of team CRME, Cinder, Roman, Mercury, and Emerald."

Raven hummed, glaring at the arena, "Y/n, I want you to stay away from the Tribe, something big is coming... And it might land on our doorstep." She looks down at him, smirking slightly. "Try and keep your girlfriend safe, Y/n, she has yet to impress me."

Raven then cut the air with her sword, a deep red portal opening, as she stepped through it, the portal soon closing behind her.

"I will... Mom..." Looking back down at the arena, Y/n watches as Mercury jumps at Yang, she whips around and sends a fist flying into his knee, breaking his leg.

He quickly over dramatised it, falling to the ground, wailing in pain, his partner, Emerald, running to his side quickly.

Short Timeskip
Team RWBY's Dorm

"...Which is why I must unfortunately tell you, that you're disqualified." Y/n stood glaring at the two Atlas mechs that guarded either side of the door.

The door soon opening to reveal an upset Ironwood, who glared at the young Branwen, Y/n only returning the glare as Ironwood walked away his mechs in tow.

The door opened again as Y/n let himself in, "Y/n! You believe me, right? I didn't attack him!"

"...I Know..."

(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)(<>)

Ayy, one step closer to something major friends!

Confront Cinder? - Witness Pyrrha's Death

Confront Adam? - Witness Yang's arm removal / Save Blake from wound / acquire scar

Two choices! Voting begins now!