V1 Chapter 5: Facts To Face

Beacon Academy
Cafeteria

"Yang, for the last time, I cannot tell you where the Tribe is... That would go against everything I've been taught." Yang had been persistent, constantly begging me for just the smallest bit of information on our Mother.

"Y/n, please..."

"I know it seems like I'm being a jerk, but you have to find her yourself... Maybe she'll accept you that way. Besides, Jaune's problems are currently much bigger."

Jaune perks up, dropping his fork onto his plate, "Uh... W-What?"

"Yeah, Jaune, What's wrong? Is it Cardin?" Pyrrha tries to touch his shoulder, but the blonde shrinks away.

"W-Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah, he just jokes around!"

"By ruining your life? Back at my tribe, we punished people like that... Usually by Death." Everyone looks at him, blinking as a comedic bead of sweat runs down their faces.

"But other than that, we would just give them extra work." Everyone then sighs, wiping their sweat away.

"O-Ow! That hurts!" Everyone turns, Cardin is pulling on a Rabbit Faunus' ears, the rest of his team laughing.

"I told you they were real!" The Branwen's eyes glow, the his crimson eyes turning a dark blood red. He stands from the table, stomping over.

"Oh, look who it-" Cardin is caught off guard by a punch to the stomach then face, his hand releasing the girls ears as he grips his face.

Y/n shoots a glare to Cardin's team, "I don't think you want any part of this." They raise their hands and back away, leaving their team leader to fend for himself.

"I'm so going to mess you up for that!" Cardin stands, sending a fist to the Branwen. The Branwen ducks, punching the bully in the stomach again.

Y/n jumped up, slamming his fist into Cardin's chin, sending him into the air slightly as he falls to his back, completely knocked out.

"And that was for Jaune." He shakes his hand, shaking the pain of the uppercut away, before turning to the Faunus girl.

"T-Thank you..."

"I'll buy you another lunch, may I borrow that?" The girl hands her tray over as she watches Y/n dump the contents onto Cardin.

Then drops the tray on the mans face.

Timeskip
Forever Fall Forest

"Yes students, while forever fall is beautiful it also holds many dangers. So please stick close." It was beautiful, red luscious leaves, Y/n could remember the time his Mother set up camp in the forest.

"Hey, Y/n, can you tell us anything to be weary of around here?" Spruce leant one arm in her partner's shoulder, looking at a leaf she had in her other hand.

"The sap is very sweet, and Grimm are attracted to it... If the sap gets on your hands, don't touch your eyes." Everest then walks next to the two of them.

"It's very tasty, but doesn't it... Uh... Make some people swell up?"

"Yes, sometimes it's allergy based, other times... The concentration of it is just too much." Spruce hums as she walks away, catching up to Yang and Blake.

"Oh! I never asked, what's your semblance?"

"Rage... Put simply, stay on my good side." As Y/n speaks, he watches as Jaune is dragged off to the side by Cardin and his cronies.

"Rage? Like... You bottle up your emotions? And then... Release them all at once?"

"Pretty much spot on, Everest." The boys share a smile, although Y/n's is faint.

A few minutes pass, and both students have a jar of sap, Y/n had handed his to Spruce, since she hadn't filled one yet.

The sound of a bout caught the Branwen's attention, making him look to a hill, deciding to be smart of about it, he walks behind a tree only for a raven to fly out from behind it and towards the hill.

With a birds eye view, he sees Cardin, putting a beat down on Jaune, the bullies teammates standing behind Cardin laughing and teasing the blonde boy.

"Here goes nothing..." He dives, folding his wings to his sides as he opens them just in time to gracefully land on Jaunes chestplate, making Cardin stop in his tracks.

That is until an Ursa slams out of the forest, shocking -RDL into running the opposite direction rather quickly. "Cowards."

Cardin is smacked away to the side by the Alpha Ursa, it sniffs at Jaune, ignoring the raven and the blonde boy... Immediately turning to Cardin, who still had sap on his chest plate.

The raven looks Jaune in the eyes before hopping onto the blondes head, then off behind him, Y/n then helps the boy off the ground out of his raven form.

"Y-Y/n?! Where did you come from?!"

"No time to explain, he's going to die." Y/n looks at the Ursa, ready to pull Truth and Reconciliation from his belt when he pauses, then smirks.

"It's all yours, team leader, just keep your shield up." The fight than proceeds as one would think, Jaune gets hit a few times... But he's capable of giving the Ursa a small challenge.

The Grimm roars in the blondes face as it swipes at him, his shield is lifted by a dark Aura, the strike from the Ursa sliding off the shield, making the boy plant his foot as he lifts his sword quickly and sharply, cutting the Grimm's head clean off.

Jaune then approaches Cardin, sticking his hand out for the floored bully to grab and lift himself off the ground... Jaune's voice is quiet as he speaks.

"Well, maybe he isn't so hopeless after all."

Pyrrha looks at Y/n, smiling softly.

"He really isn't, is he." Her smile still present as she looks at Jaune approaching them.

It was obvious to Y/n, Pyrrha Nikos... Liked an unimportant boy... Jaune Arc. "Talk about a power couple, huh?"

He stands there, watching the Grimm turn to dust, the red forest reflecting in his eyes.

"He'll do good things."

(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)(><)

Alright, alright, alright! At a tie, for a love interest, that is.

Blake - 4

Weiss - 4

Both Blake and Weiss have exactly four votes each as of right now, when this is published you, the reader, shall decide.

And I get the sense of Weiss and Y/n- It's just a younger Qrow and Winter-

Anyway, stay safe everyone!