V3 Chapter 3: The Time We Have

Beacon Academy
Team RWBY's Dorm

"You... You do?" Yang still had tears in her eyes, Ruby sitting next to the blonde, comforting her sister.

"Yes, while I was fighting Cinder I noticed something." Y/n stood between them at the foot of their bunk beds.

"That something being..?" Blake tilted her head, Weiss also tilting her head as all of them look at him.

"She had outside help with another person's semblance," They start to look at one another, trying to think of what that meant, "Emerald, her semblance is an illusion of some sort, Cinder might have been visible to you while I was fighting her... But I could not see her at all."

"So the entire time, you were fighting someone you couldn't see?" Weiss seemed to be the most shocked, either of the boys skill, or of his tenacity.

"That's not all, when I had walked away, I had been in an area unaffected by her semblance," He lifts his scroll, showing a recording of Mercury jumping Yang, "He attacked first, but you all saw Yang attack him."

"But... That doesn't make any sense... She's from Haven, they take the Vytal Festival very serious..." Ruby scratches the top of her head, the look on her face confused.

"That is her disguise, Ruby... Cinder is, from my mother's words, deceptive." Yang persky up hearing about Raven, her mood not made any better.

"That doesn't make any sense... I... I want to believe you..." Blake sighs, "I had someone very dear to me change, it wasn't immediate, it was gradual... Little things that started to pile up... He told me not to worry, first they were accidents, then acts of self defense... But you're not him..."

"I want to trust you, but I need you to look me in the eyes, and tell me you regret what you did." Yang sniffs, rubbing a tear away from her eye.

"He attacked first, so I defended myself..." A small sad smile appears on Blake's face.

"Okay, I believe you." Blake then stands, motioning for the others to let Yang rest. Y/n having had disappeared.

Minutes Later
Beacon Academy
Team RWBY's Dorm

Y/n had reappeared, along with a man he thought he wouldn't see for a few extra years.

"Hey there, Firecracker." Qrow leant against a wall, closest to the dorm door. "Nice to see you, Y/n."

"Hey Qrow..." Yang.

"Uncle." Y/n.

"So, why'd you do it?" Qrow steps from the wall, starting to walk to Yang, who's sat on Blake's bed.

"You know why..." Yang huffed, a frown sneaking it's way onto her face.

"All I know is that you attacked a helpless kid, so either you're lying... Or you're crazy." Yang scowls, looking over at Qrow, Y/n moves to sit on the bed opposite Yang, Weiss's bed.

"I'm not lying, ask Y/n, he saw what happened!" Qrow looks over to his nephew, their red eyes clash from a moment before Qrow shuts his eyes, shrugging lightly.

"Mhm crazy, got it." Qrow then walks closer, starting to pace around the room.

"Who knows... Maybe I am." Yang sets her hands on her lap, looking to the floor.